Apollo Bio-fin Pro post problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Despite advice from all my DIR/GUE friends about split fins, I bought a pair of Apollo Bio-fin Pros about 8 years ago. They were my first experience with split fins and I LOVE them for almost all the diving I do locally (I still take my old Aqualung Blades when I travel due to weight).

Now I've gotten a LOT of use out of them (maybe close to 2,000 dives), but over the past few months I've noticed that one of the four posts has deteriorated. The metallic ring embedded in it disappeared over time, possibly as a result of the post hitting something sharp or abrasive at some time.

I assume the posts can not be repaired since they are integral with the fin. Looking for someone who needs just one fin (size L) to share a purchase with.

Dr. Bill:

We sell one fin @ 1/2 the price of a pair. You can do this online @ www.diveapollo.com and just enter .5 in the shopping cart or any Apollo Retailer can also order just one fin.

You can also call us toll-free at 800-231-0909.

Thanks. I wish more fin manufacturers offered that option (although I see no reason to switch from my Bio-fins!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom