Apocalypse now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting little video clip someone took @ EuroTek08 on Alex Deas talking about the Apocalypse mCCR which sort of seems to show you what you get for your US$995 > Open Safety Equipment

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
Format:
video H.264 Base Profile, 400x224, audio AAC 64kBit Mono
container: MPEG4
size: 51Mb, duration: 20 minutes

Regards
Brad

again...advertising an O2 rebreather as a full rebreather comparable to a what people think CCRs are (Meg/Inspo) etc...is at the very least misleading....

Add the monitoring package for 1500 and you get a comparable product, still cheaper than most RBs...yet unproven in the mass market. It has some unique innovative designs; BRAVO! Some may like them...others may not.

Funny, I can buy a SPORT KISS, that *is* proven for about the same....and no I don't own one.

How much are you getting paid Brad?

QUIT HYPING it up...and let the END PRODUCT speak for itself. That is the *real* issue...no one can show me a working product...yet orders are being already taken for what I would consider vaporware.

Apparently he's being paid nothing and is just an excited potential user.
... very excited apparently.

again...advertising an O2 rebreather as a full rebreather comparable to a what people think CCRs are (Meg/Inspo) etc...is at the very least misleading....

Add the monitoring package for 1500 and you get a comparable product, still cheaper than most RBs...

Er, the Apoc mCCR is a full rebreather loop, it just doesn't come with electronics, which lets you either fit the Monitor, your own (Sw/HH/X1) or dive it O2.

It's not quite comparable, if you look at the performance specs.

Not paid anything by OS or DL, didn't even start this thread, just added info to it.

Dive what you want, its your call...

Regards
Brad

Add the monitoring package for 1500 and you get a comparable product, still cheaper than most RBs...yet unproven in the mass market. It has some unique innovative designs; BRAVO! Some may like them...others may not.

Funny, I can buy a SPORT KISS, that *is* proven for about the same....and no I don't own one.

How much are you getting paid Brad?

QUIT HYPING it up...and let the END PRODUCT speak for itself. That is the *real* issue...no one can show me a working product...yet orders are being already taken for what I would consider vaporware.

It's not an O2 only RB as stock. You'd really have to look into this more than just making off the cuff remarks. I've been following the development of this series of products (the sport is one of 3 models currently in the works; sport, commercial and military) since back in 2005, where the Open Source idea was making developments in full view over on RB World, and possibly other forums.

It's a very exciting project with incredible attention to every design detail. I've not seen the first release, but I am quite confident that as long as the manufacturer can stay the course, this will eventually change the RB scene totally. This approach sorta reminds me of the Saturn approach to car making.

On price, yes you can dive it stock as is out of the box (with training to get your O2 cells). And yes, with the CO2 monitoring, voice feedback, deco and handset, it will set you back around $3,500 with taxes and shipping in the US.

How much would a meg be with those features (and the meg has no CO2 monitoring or HE monitor). Last I checked, it would be the other side of 10K.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom