Apo Reef , Sabaylan, Mindoro ... Options ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
Hello SB`ers especially PPD and Pasaway Baranguy. I have 5 more days of Philippine Paradise divng. I am in Dauin, Negros Orrriental ( Dumaguete ) LOVING IT !!! Just did Dauin Pier ... WOW !!! ... Macro lovers will want to do 3 dives a day and never get bored ... so much. Well I am off to Manila tomorrow and will immediatly set of for Pandan Island , Sabaylan, Mindoro . I have directions on how to make the 12 hour + journey and was wondering if there are other options other than Pandan Island ??? It looks so close to the mainland that I was wondering if anyone else has done this before and stayed in Sabaylan. I would rather have A/C , hot shower and Cable TV after 3 dives at Apo Reef. It would also make the return trip easier than leaving from Pandan on Tues. March 14th. I leave the PI`s on the 16th and would love to party in Manila before I leave. GF in every port... Hehehehe ... Well any help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse could spend 14th night in PG and arrive Manila 15th afternoon. 14th would be safer ... just in case typhoon or ferrries can`t run . Kind regards Kevin

415Gem:
Hello SB`ers especially PPD and Pasaway Baranguy. I have 5 more days of Philippine Paradise divng. I am in Dauin, Negros Orrriental ( Dumaguete ) LOVING IT !!! Just did Dauin Pier ... WOW !!! ... Macro lovers will want to do 3 dives a day and never get bored ... so much. Well I am off to Manila tomorrow and will immediatly set of for Pandan Island , Sabaylan, Mindoro . I have directions on how to make the 12 hour + journey and was wondering if there are other options other than Pandan Island ??? It looks so close to the mainland that I was wondering if anyone else has done this before and stayed in Sabaylan. I would rather have A/C , hot shower and Cable TV after 3 dives at Apo Reef. It would also make the return trip easier than leaving from Pandan on Tues. March 14th. I leave the PI`s on the 16th and would love to party in Manila before I leave. GF in every port... Hehehehe ... Well any help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse could spend 14th night in PG and arrive Manila 15th afternoon. 14th would be safer ... just in case typhoon or ferrries can`t run . Kind regards Kevin
Kevin, you're all over the country...glad you're having a blast..

nope.. only one resort in that island.. be ready for the mosquitos.. :) it'll be worth it once you see apo reef.. enjoy!

Had fun. Apo Reef was overated . Great hard corals...clear water but that was the most expensive dives ever in Phils. $ 120.00 USD for 3 dives. Never had anything close. Maybe entrance fees and camera fees too. 2 hours to get there . I thought the diving at resort was much better more fish, life, assorted reefs and creatures. Fun but a long trip from Manila. At least I can cross off list.Heheheheh. Paalam sige Kevin

thanks for the update kev! Too bad to hear that apo reef is overrated - I was really looking forward to going there. I think you might just be getting "reef fatigue"! hehehe. jokes. :)

Barangay Pasaway posse and Versatile Thanks for the reply. Yup getting around , Jonix . Chip Apo is spectacular ... I was at Pandan Isl. and it was days before I return to USA . 12 hour bus,ferry,jeepney to Sablayan . Pandan Isl nice but 3 tank to Apo was like $150 USD 7,425 PHP Ouch Never had a bill like that before in Phils. Tubbatha per day OK .Tristar rates hehehehe . I did have a stomach issue going on upon my return to Manila . Perhaps I was a bit tired by Apo Reef time. Amazing hard corals and crystal clear water . Not so many fish. Pandan Isl house reef and Island reefs prettier, more things to take photos of, 5 times more fish. I love taking photos and almost had hard time finding subjects . One piece of advice ... have all your own equipment. 2 people out of 6 divers came up after 1st dive ... equipment troubles ... no repair possible . Never heard if they had to pay for the trip ... but if they paid 7,500 for 1 dive and a six hour voyage. WWWWAAAAAAAAAAA. Kind regards Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom