Apeks VS ScubaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40:
I dive a MK 25 with an X650. I use them mostly in the waters off Connecticut and have been setting moorings for a local marina for the past 3 weeks. I hit the local quarry last weekend to the 90 foot mark, and they have performed perfectly. To be honest, I lean towards SP gear and have for years. I guess because they have never let me down in any way. Also, I personally have never exrerienced a freeze up or freeflow with any of my SP regs. Maybe Im just lucky. Hope this helps somewhat.

I have to say I have had the same experience of dbg40. I tend to do cold NE diving in St. Lawrence River and Great Lakes region. The cold water has never been a problem for my SP Mk25 X600. Some of my dive buddy's tend to not to have their gear serviced and they go through various problems at times, maybe its just bad luck. I make sure I have it serviced yearly to keep warranty up, but hey this is my life support and I'd hate to have anything go wrong at any depth. Of course this is my biased opinion...Just dive safe and have fun!

I buy my regs only from approved dealers(sp). All I have to do is show my warranty card and parts are always free. I just had my rigs serviced and the cost of labor was 18.50 ea. for first+ sec. stages. NO cost for parts ever with SP unless you abuse it.I dont know what the norm is for anyone else,but personally, I NEVER let a service go past one year. Hence never a problem with my SP equipment.

You keep mentioning "Divetank" here. Why don't you tell us the price here before making redundant phone calls? Rick seems to be very busy guy. In addition, can we get the same manufacture warranty including the free part in U.S.?

Thanks

wwunder:
I repeat "call divetank..." they have DS4's and atx50's for great prices. They will quote each part seperately even the hose and might give you a bigger discount for a package.

I know it, but I don't believe that wwunder is on Divetank's payroll.
So, my point is that wwunder can disclose the price if he/she highly recommends Rick.

BTW, do you know the warranty difference between U.S. and Canada?

StSomewhere:
hoosier, Apeks may not allow them to post prices online. I know that's true in the US.

hoosier:
So, my point is that wwunder can disclose the price if he/she highly recommends Rick.
They definitely do sell Apeks regs. Though I didn't ask him about reg prices, they extremely competitive on other stuff. Richard is very helpful and responsive, so just send him an email or call him up and ask. Note that they charge credit cards in CDN$, so if your bank screws you on the exchange rate like mine does, be sure and ask about paying in US$ via paypal.

hoosier:
BTW, do you know the warranty difference between U.S. and Canada?
I have no idea. The Apeks distributor in Canada seems to be Aqua Lung Canada Ltd, so I wouldn't expect the policies to be that different, but couldn't tell you if an Apeks reg bought Up North would have warranty coverage in the US or vice versa. I suppose if you bought from Richard you could send it back to him for service. The only downside would be the couple of extra days shipping.

Scubapro's are better now tahn past at not freezing, but as an instructor who taught at Toby and Sioux St Marie(many moons ago) I would go choose the Apeks of those two. Of course as a Mares rep think you should look at the Abyss or Proton Ice( I dove the Ice at my Moms in Norther NFLD in Jan -18c air temp and 2-3c salt water with NO cold water kit and had no problem at all.

Look under http://www.supsalv.org/webapp/anu/home.asp?user=public section 1.4 cold water regs. i promise both the Mares and the Apeks are more fun to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom