Apeks vs Atomics

Which brand do you prefer?

• Atomic Aquatics

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Apeks

Votes: 57 64.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay I went to look at dive inn and I was confused... are parts included in their warranty and if not...are parts expensive...I'm very new to all of this and buying my first set of equipment is making me dizzy :dance: Thanks

well i know diveinn has you send it to another place so theres time away from you as for parts cant answere that actually the price diffrence for most places is less than 150 from dive inn so take the fact you get factory warrity lifetime for part and all you pay for is the 30 service hum you do the math I bought my apeks for 600 from dealer i see it for 450 every wear else online but there again you have to make the decission some say no some say yes my self yes as i dive all year around and depend on it again just my 2 cents

Who cares about free parts on regulator service? The labor is where the $$ are at when it comes to service and you still have to pay for the labor on service regardless of where you buy it. Just my two cents. BTW I didn't buy my reg online, I bought it at an LDS but I did buy an ATX-40 backup from Simply Scuba. If I had to do it over again I would've bought my primary online too and saved $150 to $200. Besides, most LDS's at least around where I live could care less where you bought your reg...they'll still gladly service your regs for you and that's the attitude LDS's should have. Service is part of their business.

If price is not your concern and if your just going to use your reg for recreational purposes, any of the two will do just fine! I have a couple of Apeks and Atomics, both worked and performed very very well! I have dove with these regs beyond recreational limits and all worked well. I must admit, in my opinion, that the Atomics are much smoother in the inhale side, but then again the difference between the performance of the two are very very minor to none at all!

However, if your gearing towards technical diving or diving in very cold waters, I uggest you go with the Apeks. I'm sure you can get a reg from Apeks that will conform to your diving needs and save some cash. Atomics are expensive. You can get a cheaper reg from Apeks with the same performance to the e expensive regs from Atomic!

Thanks everyone! I have decided to go with the Apex...still a little bit indecisive about going for the ATX50 or the ATX200... Not really sure if the extra bells and whistles are worth an extra $150. Any advice?

IF you look all through this board apeks rated number one so you cant go wrong there , as far as which one they both great regulators if you want the newest greatest go with the atx 200
personally all I got to say is I love mine and its used weekly not to mention its enviremntlly sealed which depending on wear you live could be good .

I bought my ATX 200 online for $379 from Leasure pro. So for me the answer would be Apeks

Agree...both Atomic (designed and engineered by original ScubaPro engineers) and Apeks are top notch.

Regarding online or not (purchase)...as mentioned it can be a tough call. Parts for the Apeks are not cheap though...parts kits for 1st stage and one second stage run almost $50 (more expensive than many other regs...although I still love my Apeks regs.)

The flipside, although the warranty through Aqualung will now pay for replacement parts every 2 years...to keep the warranty valid, those "off years" will require a "service inspection" to maintain that warranty...i.e. every year you must pay for service (albeit a possibly smaller service $$ in those off years).

So figure $30-$50/year to maintain warranty and no part charges
...or...

$50 (parts) plus $30-$50 every time you service reg.

Hoku once bubbled...
Thanks everyone! I have decided to go with the Apex...still a little bit indecisive about going for the ATX50 or the ATX200... Not really sure if the extra bells and whistles are worth an extra $150. Any advice?

I'm diving with a TX50, and it suits me fine for all types of diving. I don't know what the 200 gives you, but it's probably not worth $150.00. Does it cook dinner and kiss you goodnite?:D

It would be tough to beat the TX50/DS4 anyway, much less for the price you can get them for at DiveINN. I don't worry about warranties either.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom