Apeks RK3 vs SP Nova sea wings vs Mares X-stream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m looking for powerful fins between the gopro sport and the regular apek rk3. The go sport is lighter and better for travel but are they more floppy than the rk3 or are they comparable . I have aqualung express fins and looking for something comparable ..: go sport or rk3 work? . Thanks for all the help
I don't think you want the ScubaPro GoSport as I have WEAK legs..WEAK back and I can use them just fine...they are pretty flexible to me

I have tried a lot of different fins. I keep going back to my seawing novas. I kick properly, but I have problems with my ankles and knees, and these work for me. Frog kicking is not a problem. Helicopter turns are not a problem. Back fining, egh, not so much.

I am 60 years old and don't have much strength in my legs. I do walk and I do ride a bicycle but I cramp easy and get winded with stiff fins. So far I have tried the ScubaPro Nova Sea Wings and they are Ok. Has anyone compared them to the Mares X-Stream and the Apeks RK3? For reference the Scuba Pro jet fins kill my legs in under 5 minutes...lol. They will be for single tank recreational diving both cold and warm water. Basically I need something very easy on the legs but still propels you when need be.
I think split fin would be suitable for you, maybe give them a try.

The Apeks RK3 blades are quite short. I found them, non HD version, to be too soft. I've not tried the mares but being a liger fun I'd expect it easier to generate more power. I could be wrong but I do not think they are overly stiff.

Another fin I quite liked with a long blade was the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus, in the end I sold them as I found them a bit soft too.

FTR I frog kick and like stiff fins, wet, I dive the DR XTs although would not recommend for @gqllc007.

It’s usual but I happen to own the SeaNova Gorilla and regulars, the RK3 and the Mares X-treme fins. Plus a couple of others. I happen to be 71 and work in the Scuba industry and dive weekly.
‘I’ve said in the past that for ocean diving I prefer the Gorillas SeaNovas, for Springs the RK3’s and until two weeks ago the x-tremes were my pool fins of choice for 4 yrs.
I recently bought SP Go Sports for pool work, I’m shocked how good they are..

Back
Top Bottom