?Apeks Reg Service Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX1138

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am seeking recommendations for authorized Apeks service and repair Dive Shops/Service Outfits in the USA for the first year service of my Apeks ATX 200 and ATX 100 regulators, both with ATX 40 Octos. Any comments on your experiences, and any recommendations, are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. John

Where you got it is usually easiest. That way there are not any discrepancies regarding warranty and authorized dealer. If this is the first year of service, you only require inspection and maybe light cleaning as specified by Aqualung USA.
Now is also the time that you would start kicking yourself if you bought online as your parts warranty would not likely be honoured.

rescuediver009:
Where you got it is usually easiest. That way there are not any discrepancies regarding warranty and authorized dealer. If this is the first year of service, you only require inspection and maybe light cleaning as specified by Aqualung USA.
Now is also the time that you would start kicking yourself if you bought online as your parts warranty would not likely be honoured.
I am aware of the servicing requirements of the Apeks equipment and listings of authorized dealers. Please note that the warranty aspects of the equipment was not raised in my question, and is not an issue. I am looking for a well qualified group that I can be confident in to service the equipment. I gather from your reply, you personally know of no such group or person. John

rescuediver009:

That's a false sense of worry to instill on diver's who purchase regs or other things online. We cover the warranty on what we sell, as do many of the other online retailers. BTW, I've never had any of my own personal regs required parts during the 1st annual inspection, only a cleaning. Of course this may not always be the case.

Will

The shop I instruct for always changes parts on the first service. Then again the parts are free for life, when you get them from a real dive shop :)

I have no experience with Apeks or this tech: http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=14510

But he is a fairly active participant on this board and seems quite well respected. His profile provides a link to his web site. I doubt if he will give you any noise about where you purchased your gear.

THX1138:
I am aware of the servicing requirements of the Apeks equipment and listings of authorized dealers. Please note that the warranty aspects of the equipment was not raised in my question, and is not an issue. I am looking for a well qualified group that I can be confident in to service the equipment. I gather from your reply, you personally know of no such group or person. John
Yes, I do. Me.
Double80s:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuediver009

That's a false sense of worry to instill on diver's who purchase regs or other things online. We cover the warranty on what we sell, as do many of the other online retailers. BTW, I've never had any of my own personal regs required parts during the 1st annual inspection, only a cleaning. Of course this may not always be the case.

Will
As for instilling worry in new divers,
As posted on the Aqualung website:
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT MAIL ORDER AND INTERNET SALES OF OUR PRODUCTS!

Please be aware that not every business that advertises and sells Aqua Lung branded products is an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Retailers that offer to sell and ship Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail in response to mail, telephone, or Internet orders ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AQUALUNG AMERICA DEALERS.
Take a look for yourself:
http://www.aqualung.com/internet_mail.html

Dear Me: Your reply was written in terms that I have come to expect from certain members of this Board. A simply request for information is ignored, and the response is provided for your own purposes. If you wish a discussion of the merits of a separate topic, please start your own thread. John

I purchased my Apeks ATX200 from Divetank.com. They are located just over the border in Canada, and also have a US location somewhere in Washington state. There isn't an Apeks dealer within 200 miles of me, so I ordered mine......yes.......ONLINE!!!! It's great for people to flame those who order online when they have a dealer right down the street, but a large majority of divers do not live in large cities, and do not have a LDS. They (me) am forced to order things online. I wish I had an LDS that carried every brand at reasonable prices and provided top notch service, but I don't, so it's the internet for me. When my reg needs servicing, I will send it back to Divetank. They have been around a long time, and I am sure they are fully capable of doing annual service.

THX1138, you might give Richard or Shannen a call at Divetank.com. Their toll free number is listed on their website. I have purchased lots of stuff from them and have been extremely happy with their service, price, and willingness to work with me to get just what I want. I have even received phone calls asking how I am and how the items purchased are working out. The only other retailer I have ever had do that was Tobin at Deep Sea Supply.

Back
Top Bottom