?Apeks Reg Service Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirthead:
THX1138, you might give Richard or Shannen a call at Divetank.com. ..

Did they charge in dollar or Canadian dollar? I recenlty bought some items and they charged in Canadian dollar so that I had to pay the some charge for that.:06:

In addition, I have still waited for my order for four weeks.

hoosier:
Did they charge in dollar or Canadian dollar? I recenlty bought some items and they charged in Canadian dollar so that I had to pay the some charge for that.:06:

In addition, I have still waited for my order for four weeks.

They have always charged me in US dollars. Anytime there will be a delay in shipping, like an item not in stock, they let me know up front. As a matter of fact, today I ordered a Suunto Vytec DS from them. Not in stock at the present time, but Richard said they are on the way and should be in their hands by next week. I have no reason to doubt his word from my past experience with them, and I'm sure if something happens and the shipment is delayed, I will get a call from them explaining the situation.

Just as a note, they take paypal, so you can place an order by phone, then send payment by paypal. That way, there is no chance of the charge being made in Canadian$ rather than US$. I'm sure someone has had a bad experience with any retailer on the planet....from LeisurePro, to Divetank, to ScubaToys. I have done lots of business with all three of these and had nothing but perfect transactions every time, but I'm sure someone can tell a story of less than perfect service. I am not trying to push Divetank or turn this into another "buying online versus LDS" thread, just passing on my experience with them and letting the original poster know that they are an Apeks dealer and would be a contact for regulator service.

THX1138:
I am seeking recommendations for authorized Apeks service and repair Dive Shops/Service Outfits in the USA for the first year service of my Apeks ATX 200 and ATX 100 regulators, both with ATX 40 Octos. Any comments on your experiences, and any recommendations, are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. John

A few moons ago, the SCUBA shop in Chantilly (Adventure SCUBA) was a very good place to get Apeks service performed. They were selling Apeks back when they weren't very good regulators and had a guy named Dr. Adams who was really good and was a trained by Apeks in the U.K. and used to test stuff for them. If he's still there, I wouldn't hesitate using him, but he's probably gone.

I've heard that "The Dive Shop" in Fairfax is very good. The local Apeks classes are usually held there. They have a very nice service area. They seem to take their service functions seriously instead of just pushing it back into a closet in the back.

Also, there's Atlantic Edge SCUBA in Gaithersburg. They used to be the best in the world (when I was their tech :D ), but I don't know now. Service was never really a strong emphasis there. I doubt if anybody is left there that knows how to use a magnehelic.

I would stay away from the shop in D.C. Heard bad things.

You have some pretty good options in the area, so I don't think it's necessary to go shipping your reg somewhere to have it serviced. I would probably go with "The Dive Shop."

Thanks for the reply Zaphod. In addition, a number of Board members have provided their information by means of private messaging. It would appear this is done as a means to avoid direct conflicts. To all the members I did not directly reply to, please accept my thanks through this message. John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom