Apeks Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Wray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got this email today and thought I'd pass it along to those who may have an affected Apeks and not have their email registered with Aqualung:

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Important Safety Notice[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May 22, 2007[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
There maybe a potential problem with the yoke clamp screw on any yoke clamp type regulator with the serial number starting from 7010001 - 7053528. All Apeks dealers have been made aware of this issue.
Please return your Apeks regulator or just the yoke clamp screw to your nearest Apeks dealer for inspection. If you need assistance finding your nearest Apeks authorized dealer, please use the dealer locator found at www.aqualung.com. Do not dive with the regulator until it has been inspected.
Apeks apologizes for any inconvenience this recall might cause. We are dedicated to making the world's best diving products and to ensuring diver safety at all costs. This solution is the only reasonable course of action.
Please contact the Technical Department at Aqua Lung America at 877-253-DIVE (3483) if you need any assistance or have any further query.
Sincerely,

Apeks - an Aqua Lung Company

phew... DIN here

What Apeks models does this recall cover? I have a new Tungsten XTX on its way. Hopefully it's not included in the recall.

adjuster-jd:
What Apeks models does this recall cover? I have a new Tungsten XTX on its way. Hopefully it's not included in the recall.

you'll need to check the serial number. the recall probably affects quite a few models

It should only affect the most recently shipped XTX series regulators.

wow .... that's about 50,000 units

i thought for sure that would be several models

Does anyone know exactly what the problem is and the proposed fix? It appears that my LDS has not gotten info from Aqualung on the problem. Just got a new Tungsten XTX reg that falls into this serial number range but we don't yet know what we're supposed to be looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom