apeks problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
heres an issue that came up as i was giving my gear a once over before the weekend, i have an apeks atx 50(backup), i hooked my reg up to my tank and noticed a slight freeflow from it... i unscrewed the face plate slightly and it stops, tighten it fully and it flows again....this was serviced probably 6-7 dives ago,,, seems like when the plate is at the correct screwed in position it is applying pressure like the purge button would.... whats up with that?

As the seat wears the lever contacting the diaphragm moves towards the diaphragm. Basically a minor adjustment of the lever height should fix this problem. Sometimes in order to improve breathing resistance a technician adjusts the lever height a little too high.

Take the reg back to the shop that serviced it and it should be a 2 minute adjustment.

Mat.

I knew it had to be something simple, thanks Mat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom