Apeks/Hog set up????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone used a Hog 1st stage with an Apeks 2nd? I currently have an ATX 200 with a 100 octo. I am looking to transition to doubles and want to get matching 1st stages but I don't want to add another Apeks FSR 1st. I really like the price and the 5th port on the Hog cold water 1st stages but I'm not sure about mixing brands. I have heard that theses regs are pretty similar to the Apeks DS4/T though so maybe they would be a good match.... I don't know. :idk: Any advice would be great.

I mix and match all the time with zero issues. IP is pretty consistent for most 1st stage regs, especially the ones you are discussing. So if the second stage is adjusted correctly everything should be fine.

I stuck ATX50 seconds on Jetstream first stages no problem, and I had ATX50's on a Hog first stage, but now my XTX50's are on them. No worries. As long as the IP is behaving, you have nothing to worry about

Don't go sticking them on Cyclon firsts though as you'll blow the second stages up.

I just put a HOG 2nd to an Oceanic 1st and had no issues diving it.

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and ordered 2 of the D1 cold water firsts. I'm anxious to get them set up and in the water. Thanks for the replies.

I put some HOG 2nd stages onto DS4s. No issues. Works beautifully in fact.

Back
Top Bottom