Apeks Exotec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some better pics for everyone! Look at your Exotec and see if this is happening.
Could you post a pic of the whole wing/harness please. Preferably one photo from the front and one from the back.

I have owned the Exotec since October 2023. I got one as that is what my store sells and considers top of the line, and as an instructor we have to wear what we sell!!! It feels great. I got 65 dives on it since! Now with that said last weekend I noticed, rather heard, a popping sound in the lumbar area. Got it home and got to looking. The lumbar bolt is not loose but the plastic grommet and metal washer where the bolt goes through are giving out. Also where the waist straps/buckles/ weight pocket holders connect to the lumbar plate, since I have to adjust it, the metal eyelets have been rubbing on the back plate, and has been filing the edges of the back plate. The same is happening to another one of our assistant instructors. I have emailed Apeks and sent them pictures of it, but have not heard back yet.

Apeks made a huge mistake by discontinuing the Black Ice. The Exotec is in no way a replacement or better BCD that the Black Ice. Nice but not better!

Attachments

• IMG_6478.jpg
    IMG_6478.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6480.jpg
    IMG_6480.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6481.jpg
    IMG_6481.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6482.jpg
    IMG_6482.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
According to Apeks they have a fix kit for this. This is what they said to me bout mine!

"There is an upgrade kit for this product that was issued last year. This BCD has not been upgraded. Please make sure to go back to the dealer you've bought it from. They will expertise your product and either fix it themself or come back to us directly."

Funny thing is that I have not heard of it! I guess I'll be heading tot the dive shop to get the "upgrade kit" for mine!

Back
Top Bottom