Apeks DS-4 hose routes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachhead

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just switched to an Apeks DS4/ATX50 set up for my doubles. My first stages need to be twisted, both pointing down at the middle of my rig. If I force it to be level or parallel to the ground, both hoses (inflator-right post, SPG-left post) will hit the tank. It also affects the expansion of the wing.

Is this normal for a DS4?

Yes..

For my AL doubles, the 1st stages are angled. For my steel doubles, the 1st stages are horizontal as the tank neck is higher than on ALs.

I just wish there's a way for it to be perpendicular to the tanks. So what Apeks 1st stages route better?

Thanks guys.

From what I've seen the ATX 200s route a little better because the LP ports are angled slightly up, and the HP ports may be angled slightly down. Most people go with DS4s though and don't report problems.

I like the FST (with the _tx 100 series) routing. Ports are angled straight down. Though the DS4 is pretty darned popular.

Mike

DS4 hoses point towards the tanks. I noticed this really never caught up to some tech divers.

Poseidon, though not very popular, routes better.

beachhead:
Poseidon, though not very popular, routes better.
When it comes to regulators, I guess the hoses routing is not the most important thing.

Angling DS4s to avoid hoses beeing bent is quite ok. Sometimes hose protectors can help to avoid bending at touch point between rubber and metal part of hose.

For backgas, FST routes the best from my experience, especially with AL80 tanks.

Hi,

The Apeks TEK3 offers the cleanest routing

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom