Apeks BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up a Brochure from the Aqua Lung Rep Yesterday, The Webbed Harness w/ plate will go for about 165.00, & the wings will be anywhere from 275.00- 310.00, & apparently even more products are on the way.

Interesting. I wonder if my LDS (a recreational Aqualung/Apeks shop) will carry any. I'm going to ask them tomarrow. :D

jonnythan:
I'm pretty sure none of these wings have pull dumps on the inflators.. they just have "safety cables" it would seem.

Yah, you're right. It is a standard 90 degree elbow.

stoiclown:
I picked up a Brochure from the Aqua Lung Rep Yesterday, The Webbed Harness w/ plate will go for about 165.00, & the wings will be anywhere from 275.00- 310.00, & apparently even more products are on the way.

I looked at the price list today and I'm pretty dang sure that the price you mentioned is for the plate only and does not include the hog harness with hardware.

They also will offer weight pockets for the waist belt similar to what Halcyon currently offers.

I don't remember seeing cam bands or an STA.

Stephen Ash:
I looked at the price list today and I'm pretty dang sure that the price you mentioned is for the plate only and does not include the hog harness with hardware.

They also will offer weight pockets for the waist belt similar to what Halcyon currently offers.

I don't remember seeing cam bands or an STA.

The Brochure I have, says the price is for the plate & webbing, If you want the soft pac it is more money. The wing prices I pulled right off the brochure, remeber that those are MSRP also, so we should be able to pick them up a little cheaper.

stoiclown:
The Brochure I have, says the price is for the plate & webbing, If you want the soft pac it is more money. The wing prices I pulled right off the brochure, remeber that those are MSRP also, so we should be able to pick them up a little cheaper.

You may be right. I was looking at the dealer price book and it appeared that the plate and harness were listed separately. Perhaps I misunderstood.
But, the prices that I saw were MRP not MSRP...meaning they may actually be a little more.

Yep...I double-checked the price book today and it definitely list the plate and harnesses separately. That would make the price on their plate pretty similar to some of the other ones that are already available. OTOH, the price on the harness seems a bit high to me, which is a odd...from the customer's point of view...given that it is the standard hog harness and hardware.

We'll MRP is what the store I go through sells it at, as far the harness goes it isnt anymore than what you might pay for an OMS setup from a store. You can get it cheaper of the internet, but not that much cheaper.

Harnesses with hardware are usually 45 to 55 dollars...less if you make it yourself. The Apeks harness will be considerably more. But, I agree, it's not that big of a deal and having a BP/wing combo from a major manufacturer available thru a LDS will be nice. It'll sure beat having to work with OMS!

I just pro-dealed plate, aircell, weight system and simple harness. Everything is back-ordered til mid-October. I'll report back when I get the stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom