APEKS BP/W system. Anyone have experience with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheCanuck

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys thhink of the APEKS BP/W/Harnes systems. Saw one at my local dive shop. A bit spendy I must say.

I have one and really like it. Well built. Fits me great and trims out nice. Not a true BP/W so be prepared to get a lot of suggestions for you to just go that way. They show up used here on occasion. In fact, I know of a medium w/weight pockets and a WTX3 wing that will be for sale soon. :D (I needed a large)

got over 300 dives on it... festooned with D-rings for any kind of diving you wanna do with it... my only complaint was no pockets (so I added one to the belt webbing).

durable, rec or tec, whatever you wanna do with it...

I have both of their harnesses. The deluxe and the one-piece. I do not have a ton of dives on them (as I wear a "normal" bc while teaching) but they are nice. The deluxe is just as comfortable as my Dimension. The one-piece is the one-piece. For pockets, I have heard z-short (I think) are a great answer.

For pockets, I have heard z-short (I think) are a great answer

Close; it's x-shorts :wink:

I've been using their wings for several years and last year I went and got there one-piece harness and I'm more than happy.

I had a friend of mine take Advanced Nitrox with me and he used the Apeks Softpack. I was initially a bit dubious as the D-rings looked a bit suspect (I still swear the're made of plastic). Anyway with Double tank Adapters it was stable as hell. He didn't have the weight pocket attachments though, I think they take up to much room.

I'm surprised the're so expensive. Here in the UK they are a significant amount cheaper than all the other manufaturers, e.g DiveRite, OMS and Halycon/Agir Brokk.

This year I'm hoping to pick up the WTX6R; the double bladder as I do a lot of tech in wetsuits.

Back
Top Bottom