Apeks Black Pearl VS Zeagle ZX-Flathead VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a question, who makes the Zeagle regs? I will be impressed if they really make them themselves, in the US. -Impress me!!!

They are not in the market here, so I haven't had the chance to look at it. They do sell overprized Zeagle BP and wings here though...

ScottZeagle:
Be impressed. :wink:

We make them ourselves here in Zephyrhills, FL.

Scott

OK; I am impressed! Good going! To much stuff coming from brandless factories in you-know-where....
:bang:

scubatoys:
I haven't been invited to the factory, but I hear that Scott carves each one out of a block of brass with a dremel tool.:wink:

While wearing his Midwest Muck Divers shirt!! :D

My vote goes to Zeagle being made in the US.

I know Apeks makes some fine regulators, because we used to sell our own models of the ATX50 and ATX100, made by them.

But as mentioned, Zeagle started making our own regulators right before the ATX200 came out.

Here's an enigma that maybe some of the folks at Apeks or dealers can explain:

All three of the Apeks models made the new "Muscle Regs" rating in the latest Scuba Diving Magazine, as did our Flathead VI and Flathead XP... all fine regulators! (Note that the necessary breathing level, 75 RMV at 198' for this rating, is pretty much beyond human ability.)

I wonder how regulators like the ATX200 and ATX50, (along with some other brands), can score 3 j/l or less at 75 RMV in 198', the "Muscle Point", (actually they went to 79 RMV),... yet not pull under 1.06 j/l at 75 RMV in only 132', or 1.06 j/l at only 62 RMV in 165' and 198' ??

I know the ATX50, which was the same as our Tech-50D, has more plumbing and two more 90 degree turns, but the ATX200? (The Black Pearl stumbled here in a previous test too.)

From Apeks, only the ATX100 joined our Zeagle Flatheads in pulling perfect scores in all these categories.

Any ideas?

Chad

(Other regulators also acheived these goals, but were not from the two companies asked about here.)

Unfortunatley SM has yet to put these latest results up on their website.

I think Chad is talking about "Scuba Diving" magazine (formerly Rodale's Scuba Diving).

http://www.scubadiving.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom