Apeks Atx 50 Vs. Egress For Octo Use

Which should I use as an octo.? (Read 1st post before voting)

• Apeks ATX 50

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Apeks Egress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither (sell everything and rent instead)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Neither (sell them and buy something else for use as an octo)

• Other (explain with a post)

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote to keep use ATX50 2nd stage as octo. Think this way, if you are over the receiving end, would you like to be on Egress or ATX50?

Keeping the Apeks ATX 50
Pro: Better overall regulator, could be a primary
Con: More than I really need for an octo. (see above), I can sell for more than the Egress, not as compact, smaller purge button, it's not yellow (perhaps not a big deal)

Keeping the Apeks Egress
Pro: Designed to be an octo, can be used upside down for a panicked diver, compact for travel, big purge button, yellow (perhaps not a big deal).
Cons: Could use something better

Octo isn't about what you need. Think this way, if you are over the receiving end, would you like to be on Egress or ATX50? As for compactness for travel, you should consider the compactness of the entire reg kit, not just an octo. I highly doubt slimline octo makes any differences in packing in practice

Another vote to keep use ATX50 2nd stage as octo. Think this way, if you are over the receiving end, would you like to be on Egress or ATX50?

Octo isn't about what you need. Think this way, if you are over the receiving end, would you like to be on Egress or ATX50? As for compactness for travel, you should consider the compactness of the entire reg kit, not just an octo. I highly doubt slimline octo makes any differences in packing in practice

I agree, I think the only advantage of the Egress is that it can be used upside which could be good in a quick "I need air situation"...for me or my buddy. However, considering the overwhelming recommendation of everyone on here, I decided to put the ATX 50 on as the octo.

Thanks

good choice.

When someone needs air, he/she won't mind taking the first breath right side up or upside down. He/she just need to secure an air source, take the first long due first breath. Afterward, the diver will adjust. Further more, they are most likely go for what is in your mouth because it is the most visible air source to them. A secondary donate clip on hip or chest, the OOA diver won't even see it if you are swimming horizontally. That is why a lot of us promote primary donate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom