Apeks and Aqualung regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twistypencil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My local regulator service techs told me that Apeks/Aqualung/US Divers regulators have been sitting in their workshop waiting for parts for over 4 months, they aren't getting any calls back from the service reps, emails are not being returned, Supposedly they were bought by a hedge fund and they fired everyone except 7 people.

Anyone know more info about what is going on? How are people getting their gear serviced considering this situation?

My local regulator service techs told me that Apeks/Aqualung/US Divers regulators have been sitting in their workshop waiting for parts for over 4 months, they aren't getting any calls back from the service reps, emails are not being returned, Supposedly they were bought by a hedge fund and they fired everyone except 7 people.

Anyone know more info about what is going on? How are people getting their gear serviced considering this situation?

I have had the same difficulty for a couple of years now getting parts and stores have told me that AL is unresponsive. The issue is that AL, which also owns Apeks, has now been sold to a holding investment company.

The previous parent company had been sucking cash out of AL and there seems possibly to have been some inappropriate financial dealings, that is for the courts of France to decide if it progresses. As for now, I would not purchase major items like regulators from either company until we see how the new arrangement works out.

Considering regs are generally serviced too much with parts that don't need replacing being replaced
I have unless I see some issue, probably the longest service intervals, in the history of service intervals

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a replacement Apeks reg body for a customer. Three months now.

Overrated. Underperforming. I fail to see the reason for the tech community's love for Apeks.
Add to that the flimsy plastic case for the new "cold water, rugged" MTX-RC, and it's just off my radar.

Aqualung made good stuff (their yoke ACD excepted), but the financial difficulties make me worry.

The good news is that there are enough aftermarket suppliers out there that we can keep what we've got going for decades. But new Apeks or Aqualung? No way, barring some real good news on the financial front.

Between that and Scubapro's refusal to consider DIY, I'm just glad we have Deep6, DGX, and now, maybe Scubagaskets supporting DIY.

Until Dive Rite and HOG climb off their high horses, I'll stick with the folks that support us with spare parts as well as just service kits. I took the HOG course and am certified by a wide variety of manufacturers, but still can't get access to their newer service manuals. Really?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom