Apartment living, where to put all the gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also live in an apartment, and my husband is not a diver (I know, I know) so he isn't as thrilled as I am about leaving my gear all over our tiny 1 bedroom apartment. I am lucky enough though to have a hallway closet for storage that came with the apartment. Once the gear has dried either on my little porch if I'm home or in my bathtub if I'm not home, my gear is moved to this closet. It takes up over half of the storage area in there and we still have occasional arguments about this but it is totally worth it for the amount of enjoyment it provides for me. :blinking:

Rent a storage unit. I live in NYC and we rent a large storage unit and share it with another couple for about 40 bucks each every month.

Get rid of some stuff that is no important. Couch, dining room table etc....

I keep most of it in my entry way, which a 6" x 10" space right by the front door in my apartment. I keep most of my regs, bc, mask, gloves, and boots on one hanger and my wetsuit on the other. The rest scattered throughout my living room, my dining room, and my den, all of which makes up the rest of the 350 sqft in my efficency. Atleast I have plenty of room on dining room to have both a workbench and a dinner table.

I just leave mine out next to my tv in the living room. Makes a great conversation piece, and also is easy access. I'm proud to show others that i'm a diver!!

Works for me too....bed up on blocks, gear in shallow tupperwares under the bed.

Well, a lot of good ideas. Some not as useful as others :) I am trying to make use of some 'unused' space under my bed and behind some furniture. My concern now is that not just my closet, but now my whole apartment will smell like a dive shop :)

I built my own bed frame out of 2X12 and 4X4 porch posts
1. this lifted it high off the floor for storage underneath and
2. made a bed about 600 lbs that is indestructible for the surface interval

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom