Question Apart from the purchase price, what are the ongoing maintenance and repair costs of your CCR (excluding consumables)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What should I expect to spend per year to keep the contraption in tippy top?

Which unit?
JJ, but I thought a general discussion about all units would be helpful not only to me, but others now and in the future. In a year someone will do a search for this subject (like I did) and it will help to find a loaded thread.

Apart from sorb & cells....Every now & again the random hose needs replacing but thats all I can recall from owning, diving and teaching on five different rebreathers.

annually, cells. Every few years, rebuild the regs and change all the orings. So figure $300-500 per year

Every few years, rebuild the regs and change all the orings.
For sure.

$500 and your time. If you dive often, your dive operations costs will overshadow CCR maintenance expenses. If I add up everything I spend on diving each year, I am basically buying at least two new rebreathers ;-)

I own a pathfinder.
I need to change my molex connectors once a year, every time I do it I need to shorten the wiring, once I shorten it enough it would be a good idea to send it off to a service centre, but I guess I could also do that myself. A friend of mine was quoted 400 euros + shipping for that.
The reed switch in the handset needs to be fixed from time to time, some of the loop orings as well, but those cost a few euros at most.

I have a JJ since more than 2 years. Here my expenses till now:

about 260EUR/year for the cells.
I have just revised the first stages (after 2 years) --> 70EUR for 2 kits - no manpower if you do by yourself.

Orings for the DSV, head, bottom, scrubber, etc.. --> 40EUR
Batteries: 30EUR

This means around 330EUR/year.

In addition, I have replaced the flap valves after 1 year (they were perfect when I have dismantled the DSV) + 20EUR and, the mouthpiece or some other orings. So another 50EUR/year.

Overall: 350 - 400EUR/year.

Yearly? 300ish usd for cells, plus the occasional o-ring. I guess you could round up to include steramine, cleaning supplies, and rebuilding regs. All in all, 300-500$ per year is a fair assessment.

Meg ccr for reference.

Seth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom