AOW Travis May 5-6-7 anyone want to come visit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well Hi again all, I am heading down to Lake Travis to do my AOW this up coming weekend with SIS. I am just feeling out if anyone will be down in the area. I will be getting down there Friday afternoon and my class will be Sat, Sun. I have never been to Windy Point so if any locals want to tell me where the good place to camp is or want to come down and show me on Friday it would be apprecieted.

Any locals heading down that way around the same time? If so anyone want to dive on Friday afternoon/night?

Cool, Lukie- have fun! We are going to stay closer to home and dive CSSP on Sat. I do want to dive Travis soon, though- maybe you can show us where to go after this weekend. Good luck, I know you'll do great. Be safe, it's a deep lake.

Rick and I might be down there. Not sure if we'll be at WP or the dam.

Btw, there's camping at WP. Little pricey though. You can camp at the dam for quite a bit less but you need reservations and they're probably already booked.

Allow me to state the obvious, I will be there. :D

Anyone know where I can get Nitrox fills around Windy Point or am I going to have to head into Austin?

I dive air (so far...) but Dive Worlds site says they do Nitrox....

Dive World's air systems are certified quarterly by T.R.I., meeting the rigorous federal standards. In addition, our facilities provide high-quality Nitrox fills upon request. Visit our stores, located near scenic Lake Travis, for all your air and Nitrox needs.

And DWII is right on 620 between 2222 and Comanche Trail, so is convienient to WP and Mansfield.

We will have plenty of extra tanks of Nitrox for the weekend on hand in the trailer. No need to travel far. We will be prepared!

Cool Nevermind.

On a sad note I just found out one of my bosses who was also a diver passed away on Friday. I am not sure as to what happened but this weekend will be kind of tough for me. He was a great guy retired DPD. The service I think will be Wensday. He was living in Paris Tx and the service will be at Wright and Holland.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, it's always tough to lose someone that you look up to. BTW, just in case you're trying to send flowers or anything, it's Bright and Holland Funeral Home, on Lamar Avenue.

Let me know if i can do anything for you on this end....

NadMat:
And DWII is right on 620 between 2222 and Comanche Trail, so is convienient to WP and Mansfield.
If I'm not mistaken, DWII wont be open until end of May. Here's their website and would suggest that you call them http://www.diveworldaustin.com/ DWI is open all year round and they are on 620 as well, but closer to Hwy. 183.

Back
Top Bottom