AOW this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i finally saved up enough cash to take my AOW. needless to say, im pumped. im doing night, deep, boat, nav, and naturalist. We are doing the class in Cape Ann and i cant wait (i did most of my summer diving here, love the place).

Im just trying to be as prepared as possible, so does are there any tips or words of wisdom? thanks

Make sure the class includes gas management, focuses on the hazards as well as benefits of advanced dives. There should also be heavy emphasis on buoyancy, trim , and buddy skills. If these are not part of it I'd seriously question why not. Nav should be done in small steps that make sense and is easy to understand. What rescue skills are included? There should be some if its a good class. You can get into trouble on advanced dives pretty fast. There should be training on how to deal with it. Ask lots of questions, take nothing for granted, and don't blindly do anything that makes you uncomfortable. You should fully understand every aspect of these dives and why you are doing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom