AOW Text, have there been changes to the Q's since the '04 printing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronRiot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, so...

A couple years ago when I got certified I picked up a new Padi AOW course book. Unfortunately due to a break up I was unable to follow through with the course. Additionally, I managed to lose the dang book.

I'm currently signed up for an AOW course. I managed to rustle up an older AOW text from an old friend. Circa 2004. Cover's different, my question is now... is it still the same on the inside??

I would be thoroughly annoyed to buy the same thing twice, so if I can avoid it I will. If I can't so be it...

Is it going to be exactly the same - NO!

Is it going to be so different as to cause you to fail! I seriously doubt it.

Most of the stuff remains the same - Plus I don't remember there being any test - just sitting with the instructor to review the Qs at the end of the chapters.

Best of luck

There are some differences and some changes in standards, particularly to one of the required dives--Deep Adventure Dive, and those are reflected in the book. The slate that goes along with the book has also been revised. Standards require you to have the current edition of the student manual for any course, so if your instructor follows standards to the letter, you will have to buy a new book. E-books are just now coming out, so that might be an option for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom