aow lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alkaline batteries will be plenty good enough for someone who is using dive lights just once--for their AOW checkout--and has no plans for regular use beyond that.
I disagree with this mentality. Lights should be standard for every dive.

My backup backup (the 3xAA job) is always in the BC. But anything more?

There's an art to traveling light and fast, and you can't do that when you're carrying everything that might possibly be needed for every condition you aren't going to encounter.

Like, flatfishing on a sand bottom, in clear water. I don't need lights to take flounder, I just need my knife. And if I don't plan to go poking into the jetty (there's things with teeth in there and lobster are seasonal anyway)...that flashlight is just "MORE STUFF" to slow me down.

Been on treasure hunts the same way. Less crap means covering more ground, finding more markers. Lights? Yeah, no need for that.

"PLAN YOUR DIVE, DIVE YOUR PLAN." If the plan says there will definitely be no need for a light, I don't carry one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom