AOW cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am getting a heck of a deal on my class. I am taking AOW through my school and my PADI instructor is giving the class for $90 + the cost of the book, and will take $90 off of our $350 dive trip to the Keys which includes all meals and lodging. I am pretty excited about it.

I'm in the TDi class now. Somehow I've gotten the impression that for SDI Nitrox they don't teach with the tables. I think they just require you to know how to use the computer you have to not kill yourself down there. Not that it will help either way.

That was my gut feeling as well. To call it the "SDI Computer nitrox course", it seemed to me it was/is a half-baked attempt at under-training/watering down etc of the material, yet even further to sell somebody a card, and the way of doing that is to teach the absolute minimum, set the computer, and shut the mind totally down altogether.

I still could be wrong, as I've yet to see an SDI nitrox course around our parts. They are all the TDI version, which does include some table-type work etc.

If ya find out anything more, let us know, I'm interested. (Gotta find an SDI/TDI Instructor around these parts).... are they really that scarce?

they must be scarce because I've yet run into anyone who's said they've certified through SDI. I wonder what advantage a shop has in choosing one agency over another one.

For me it was a matter of what was the most popular agency in my area, and generally Padi "wins" by default.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom