AOW Certification in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

My husband and I will be in Grand Cayman this summer for a week. Could anyone please recommend a PADI dive center with good instructors? We are specifically looking for a dive center to help us with our AOW certification. We have seen lots of posts regarding the great dive operations there, but has anyone done a certification with any of them that you can recommend?

Thank you for any information!

Best Regards,
Christina

If staying near the East End, www.oceanfrontiers.com is the way to go. Although we did our certification dives in a small, cold, murky lake in Michigan, Mrs DS and I did our first 'real' dives with OF. They knew we were new and took really good care of us to assure we were up to speed.

As for SMB area shops, Mrs DS and I have dived with DiveTech as well and liked them.

Our favorite SMB area dive op is www.neptunesdivers.com. Casey and Keith are great. Being a smaller operation, they can give you excellent attention and training.

DS

Everyone,

Thank you for the responses and recommendations for dive instruction in Grand Cayman. It is most appreciated!

Best Regards,
Christina

Christina,
It was our pleasure. Now, you get the hard job of deciding with whom you will dive!

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Yours,
DS

I did my cert diving with Divetech, easy to schedule and saves time, and then dove later with Neptune divers to get to the good diving spots. Combination worked great. John

Someone mentioned that the medical releases for classes in Common Wealth countries were different than what we are familiar with in the States.

Could anyone provide information on that?

I would recommend Sunset Divers at Sunset House or DiveTech at Cobalt Coast.

Someone mentioned that the medical releases for classes in Common Wealth countries were different than what we are familiar with in the States.

Could anyone provide information on that?

This is only in the UK. There are indeed special liability releases for the UK, due to some really stringent health and safety regulations there, but that doesn't apply in the Cayman Islands. They use the same forms we use in the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom