Anyone want to dive the Lizze D, 5/13, Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYC-Diver

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a 30-year-old guy and live in Manhattan. I'm looking for a dive buddy to check out the "Rum Runner" Lizzie D this Saturday on 5/13. It is 80ft tug boat that sank in 1922 smuggling whiskey. The dive boat leaves from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn at 6 a.m. It's $90 for two dives. Dive operator can provide tanks and weights.

This will be my first local dive. I'm a PADI divemaster, but have only done a handul of cold, low-vis dives. I'll be in a dry suit, just diving air/or nitrox. I'm not interested in technical/deco dives and won't be penetrating the wreck.

Email me if interested: cmbennett212@yahoo.com

Anyone ever dove this wreck before?

NYC-Diver:
Hi,
I'm a 30-year-old guy and live in Manhattan. I'm looking for a dive buddy to check out the "Rum Runner" Lizzie D this Saturday on 5/13. It is 80ft tug boat that sank in 1922 smuggling whiskey. The dive boat leaves from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn at 6 a.m. It's $90 for two dives. Dive operator can provide tanks and weights.

This will be my first local dive. I'm a PADI divemaster, but have only done a handul of cold, low-vis dives. I'll be in a dry suit, just diving air/or nitrox. I'm not interested in technical/deco dives and won't be penetrating the wreck.

Email me if interested: cmbennett212@yahoo.com

Anyone ever dove this wreck before?
been there many times..look forward of the boilers for bottles.May have to dig..Penetration is really not a big deal ther .Pretty much have access to surface at all times..Have gone there on Jeanne out of brooklyn and my own boat out of li sound down the east river and out to the ocean..vis can be crap or really good(one time I took a 38 ft munson there for a dive op and had vis that from the wreck can see boat on surface.Also look in sand for dive equipment that people loose when returning to surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom