Anyone using the Scubapro Mantis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could not find any new posts about this computer.

I currently have a Vyper Air which I am happy with, and have no reason to buy a new computer but the Mantis caught my eye in an ad (that's why they do that, isn't it!). I like the uncluttered display and the large side buttons. Diving with a 7mm most of the time, dexterity is always a concern, which is why I bought the Vyper, for the larger buttons.

Does anyone have a decent number of dives on a Mantis?

I did not like the buttons for where I (would have) liked to wear it, bending my wrist actuated the side buttons far too easily for my liking. This likely wouldn't be a problem if I chose to wear it higher up the wrist/arm. FWIW, I prefer the Chromis to the Mantis.
Others will hopefully give you better insight than this, just sharing my perspective.

You are looking at different algorithms between the Vyper and Mantis if that is of any interest to you?

Uncluttered display = good to me.
New shiny toy = good to most of us. :wink:
Good luck.

I did not like the buttons for where I (would have) liked to wear it, bending my wrist actuated the side buttons far too easily for my liking.
That's an important issue, and one I had not considered.

You are looking at different algorithms between the Vyper and Mantis if that is of any interest to you?
I seem to be one of the few who doesn't have issues with Suunto algorithms, but most of my diving is New England lengthy but shallow shore diving.

I have a Mantis that I have used on a few dives. It's easy to use, easy to read and set up to your liking. They come in two varieties. The fancier one, Mantis 2 is air integrated. My primary is a Shearwater Perdix and I also have a Scubapro Chromis. I'm selling the Mantis if you are interested.

I have a Mantis that I have used on a few dives. It's easy to use, easy to read and set up to your liking. They come in two varieties. The fancier one, Mantis 2 is air integrated. My primary is a Shearwater Perdix and I also have a Scubapro Chromis. I'm selling the Mantis if you are interested.
How much ?

Thanks

$325 plus shipping and insurance. I sent you a private message. Please check your profile page for details.

Back
Top Bottom