***!?! Anyone used these monstrosities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the little tail on them. A fish hardly a foot long would have a larger tail yet these "tails" are supposed to aid the propulsion of a scuba diver. They would need to be about 3 feet across to be in scale with the human fish. It is just more of the ridiculous BS that gets pumped through retail dive equipment stores and much of it is in common use as required gear.

I don't think they are all that similar to a FF. The FF has a design rational and a bit of engineering and they are a functional fin for many divers. To compare them to a FF is almost an insult to FF.

N

tunatail_be%20copy.jpg

Well, following redneck logic, if two tails are good, then why didn't you put a third one or maybe a fourth one. I figure if one is good then maybe at least five tails is better. Then you could sell five sets of whiskers with quantum force emulators and tangential torque multiplication redirectors. N

:argument: I guess I should just let it go, but I could not resist. Clearly the concept was considered by Bob originally, or so it would seem... Anyway, I am happy with the force fin, they are excellent for me, I was completely shocked today with the dive flag was causing too much drag when I was cruising. (probably leaving quite a wake).

Nerod, your right, when I added several more whiskers onto a early model of the excellerating force the fin really flew. David Benz now publisher of Sport Diver and other Magazines took photo's of this crazy looking fin.. and showed the concept in Scuba Times ..but it was not that crazy after all. The new Airbus uses the same program on it's wings. The sun does comes up tomorrow and let's remember how we can support those who keep us safe. ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZtx_nBKUzk

Nerod, your right, when I added several more whiskers onto a early model of the excellerating force the fin really flew. David Benz now publisher of Sport Diver and other Magazines took photo's of this crazy looking fin.. and showed the concept in Scuba Times ..but it was not that crazy after all. The new Airbus uses the same program on it's wings. The sun does comes up tomorrow and let's remember how we can support those who keep us safe. ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZtx_nBKUzk

Great to hear, if you need any more engineering consult, maybe some dynamic hydrophobic molecular desatuators, just let me know. FFR (Force Fins Rule) even if you did try to put a silly tail on them. :wink: We can always just get some scissors and cut them off.

N

the theory is that if you market a pile of dog crap as gold bullion long enough and hard enough, you eventually will find people are dumb enough to buy into it, and those people do their best to convince others that they aren't the most gullible people on the block.

You guys should dig up some of the posts made by one of these fins' most rabid proponents defending them. Shaka Doug is his name I believe. They really are quite humorous if you don't take things too seriously.

Somewhat reminiscent of posts defending another unusual fin brand as well. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom