Anyone used a Lube Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flashover604

Reaction score
Hi all... I'm havin' rough time gettin' into my 7mm farmer john. Seems it's shrunk "ahem" a little in the last year or two...LOL... Any way, I ran across an ad for the "Lube Suit". seems it's like a dive skin, only slippery. Any one used one yet? I'm exercising to get rid of a few pounds and was going to get a dive skin to make it a little easier, but this got my attention. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Buy or borrow a bigger suit.

If you can't shovel yourself into it without mechanical or chemical assistance, you're going to have a hard time breathing if you do manage to get into it.

Don't feel too bad, I've got a really nice 5 mil in my closet that I'll probably fit back into some day.

I guess that's the penalty for liking food :cool:

Terry

flashover604:
Hi all... I'm havin' rough time gettin' into my 7mm farmer john. Seems it's shrunk "ahem" a little in the last year or two...LOL... Any way, I ran across an ad for the "Lube Suit". seems it's like a dive skin, only slippery. Any one used one yet? I'm exercising to get rid of a few pounds and was going to get a dive skin to make it a little easier, but this got my attention. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

flashover604:

use hair conditioner to lube your self up works the same as "Lube Suit"

I was given a lube suit a cvouple of years ago for free, I was too embarrassed to use it.

get a new suit.

one answer is pantyhose.

Ok. I see you :rofl:

I used to use them (or tights) all the time before I got a new "slippery-er" suit. And I can't tell you how many pairs of hose I've "lent" to my fellow divers (who shall remain nameless, of course) so that they could get diving.

Just thought I'd throw that in :wink:

SubMariner:
one answer is pantyhose.

Ok. I see you :rofl:

I used to use them (or tights) all the time before I got a new "slippery-er" suit. And I can't tell you how many pairs of hose I've "lent" to my fellow divers (who shall remain nameless, of course) so that they could get diving.

Just thought I'd throw that in :wink:

Not a bad idea... especially near the end of the holiday and all those buffets.

I have an old lube’n’hood and mittens. They really make it easy to get through the latex seals of my dry suit.

Thanks for the replies... I'd like to get a new suit, I just don't want to pay for one right now. I'll probably try a dive skin first. I'm eatin' rice cakes by the bag...(the apple cinnamon ones really aren't that bad suprisingly...) and watching everything else I eat, so hopefully by the time a sane person would be getting in the water in Ohio, I'll have only frozen my arse once or twice... Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom