Anyone use Sea Vision masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve got one with the rose lens and very happy with it. I’m a hard to fit and it’s been the best yet. Prior masks have been a big fog problem and I’ve tried every suggestion.
Have strictly followed the SeaVision instructions with the included defogger and had no fog problem period. Last 2 dives I’d set it aside and forgot to put it back in the kit. Used the baby shampoo dive boat provided and had quite a bit of vision problems.
I’ve also done a couple of night dives with it and surprised it wasn’t more of a problem. Keep forgetting to add the previous mask, I like this one so much.

I love my seavision mask, the only company that could provide a custom lens to fit my severe astigmatism. I use their defog and it works great, lasts usually for two dives. Just remember not to carry the defog onto an airplane or they'll make you toss it.

Wayward Son:
The Walmart house brand is what I use. A large bottle costs $0.98. It think it's exactly the same as J&J's.

For diving I have a real small squeeze bottle I keep some in so I don't have to carry the big bottle with me.

all I use anymore,
small spray bottle, mixed 50/50 with water
if you put it on and let dry overnight or a few hours,
it sometimes lasts all day

I took just my Rx lenses in to put in a new mask and Sea Vision replaced the old cracked mask under warranty, sight unseen! Thanks Charlie, Drew and Big John, that was a step beyond good customer service.

The defogger just changed again too. It seems like the blue-ish/clear stuff I really liked a few years ago. (The green stuff from earlier this year was noticeably offensive.) Worked perfectly in my cool fall pool water.

I tried the color corrective lenses, it's just not for me. And also the max vision (yellow), it definitely brightens things up, but I switched masks several times on a dive and could not see the fish better.

I like unfiltered light underwater.

Clear lenses and Classic 2000 Mask is my choice. The black skirt gives me the best vision for spearfishing, photography and video.

Chad

Chad,

I'm so happy that you're satisfied with your SeaVision mask.

My whole family dives the SeaVision masks.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

Chad Carney:
I took just my Rx lenses in to put in a new mask and Sea Vision replaced the old cracked mask under warranty, sight unseen! Thanks Charlie, Drew and Big John, that was a step beyond good customer service.

John overnighted one of my masks to me the day before a dive trip, when I emailed him at 4:00pm ... Made all the difference in the world...

The service is waaaay above and beyond... That was the icing on the cake...

Thanks, John...

-Barry

Here's the other part of diving a seavision mask that I like;
recently, the nose accent part of my ultra ripped off while swiming in a strong current, and it damaged the frame of the mask. I called seavision and was quoted a price of $19.95 to replace the frame only, and $39.99 if I wanted a new skirt also. I sent it to them with a check for $19.99, and when I got it back, it not only had a new frame, it had a new skirt as well. Did they get confused? Doubtful, in light of the cover letter I sent with the package. And BTW, I've sent my mask twice now, and everytime it comes back I have a brand new bottle of defog with it.

Just my .02 psi.

I have one with the red lense as you can see in the avatar to your left and I'll probably get another one in the future unless I decide to go full face mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom