Anyone use Sea Vision masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one that is permanently fogged. Spraying it with the defogger which came with it didn't help.

TheRedHead:
I have one that is permanently fogged. Spraying it with the defogger which came with it didn't help.

It's a polycarbonate lens, rather then glass, so even though it has better shatter-resistent properties, it's susceptable to micro-scratches. If it's been cleaned with toothpaste or anything that hints of an abrasive, repeatedly, then voila... instant perma-fog...

If that wasn't the case, well... I don't have a clue...

My wife and I dive with a Sea vision mask and we clean ours with gel tooth past at least once per day and use the de-fog before every dive. With out the tooth past ours will fog every time. I know some people get by with just some spit but after waisting several dives do to fogg I gave in and started using tooth past.

BKP:
It's a polycarbonate lens, rather then glass, so even though it has better shatter-resistent properties, it's susceptable to micro-scratches. If it's been cleaned with toothpaste or anything that hints of an abrasive, repeatedly, then voila... instant perma-fog...

It will become fogged when I put it on my face. Right now, it is clear and I haven't done anything yet to scratch it.

TheRedHead:
It will become fogged when I put it on my face. Right now, it is clear and I haven't done anything yet to scratch it.

Just bought a SeaVision Ultra, not a week ago, myself (clear lens, however). Dove it this past weekend, and followed their directions ('cept I used my standard de-fogger), and it was clear as a bell (and this was in a 82-68F thermo spectrum, where you'd expect a bit more condensation)... Never used toothpaste or any initial treatment.

I didn't clean mine, i followed mfc. instructions when I got my mask. No problems. I use seavision defog and prefer it to others. Other defogs irritate my eyes or cause redness in my skin, wherever the mask covers. I use my seavision defog in my seavision mask or any mask and like it.

good luck.

I own two SeaVision Ultras (one with, one without, a purge). Got to test them out in the Keys (first time for the SV in salt) this past weekend, and my search has ended... Even in heavy current, on the descent to the Spiegel, not a drop of water inside (and with a full 'stache).

I also followed mfg. instructions, and didn't 'toothepaste' 'em. I used 'Absolutely Clear,' and viz200... both worked fine... no fog at all...

I've been using Seavision masks for over 10 years, and any non-abrassive defogger, baby shampoo or even spit keeps mine clear for many dives.

However the Seavision defogger, has changed many times. Some were good, but the latest green stuff is horrid! I agree... dump it out and replace it with baby shampoo.

Chad

Chad, have you tried the different colored lenses? The one I snagged has yellow, which I wanted to try to see if it helped in picking out flounder. Dunno, there were saltwater catfish on the sites saturday, so no flounder this time.

Can't say if the yellow helped in seeing fish, but it doesn't seem to hurt. I even saw the bull sharks clearly :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom