Anyone up for some gentle diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got off the phone with Glenn's Aquarius II, he says divers are reporting 5-6 feet at the wall. He believes it might be to the warming of things, yesterday was 80 degrees and today right outside the shop it's 85 degrees.

He says, might be silt being pushed around, hey it's still BW and it's an easy dive, go get that drysuit dialed in with the weights. :)

MG

Early is 7 am, in the water by 7:45?
I must be back in SJ by 1, so I have to leave Monterey by 11:30am. If I'm driving the hour there I would want to try and do 2 dives before I go.
Is 7 am too early for you?
I filed my divorce papers today, so I could sure use some play time in the ocean, it's my "happy place".

7am is about 2 hours too early for me. I'm coming from Sac so a 7am meetup is a 3:30am wakeup :D Perhaps another time.

I'd love to do BW on Saturday - but I'm a new diver.
Let me know if you wouldn't mind a newbie...
Don't mind a newbie at all. With my drysuit I'm basically back at the same spot :D

Hey Mike,

Mike Guerrero and I are headed to a 20ft deep sand patch at BW on Saturday to practice some skills & dial in new gear. We will bring video (if vis permits) for instant feedback if desired.

You are welcome to join us. We probably won't go deeper than 20ft, so really it's just practice.

But that might be perfect given that it is your second day in the dry suit :wink:.

after 9am

Ahh that time sounds good to me ;-). Will check with Mike.

Basically we will go out about 10-20ft and spend lots of bottom time in one place over a sand patch near BW praticing skills. If you are cool with that.

So there will be lots of time to just hang out around buddies and get use to being in the suit. We will all be trying new stuff.

Heads up, I just got word that this weekend will be Pacific Grove's triathlon. I'm not sure how it's going to affect traffic near Breakwater. Just FYI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom