Anyone up for a Swampers Get Together at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dutch:
Uhhh, looks like the ScubaToys guys postponed their event until June due to weather. Too bad; I was looking forward to the trip.

Yeah they postponed it like a week ago. It's June 3 but now it is at their shop, no diving included now.

I plan on hitting the water just after I get a few things setup (pop up canopy, cooler out, grill out, etc). I'll deal with the tent later but I figure I'll be ready to be in by 09:00 provided I can find a buddy wanting to go in then.

As for the ScubaToys Jun 3 party, it is no longer going to be at CSSP but will be held at their shop instead. Please read http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2892252&postcount=12. I'm sure they'll update their website before too long.

Joe-Diver:
Really? Looking at the web site, it still looks like a big CSSP shindig to me.....

Yes, we will update the page later today... We ran into the situation where we have a band booked, tables and chairs rented, reps and manufacturers personnel all coming to the event to help us give away over $15,000 in freebies! BC's, Computers, Wetsuits - tons of prizes.

The weather can be so troublesome here, and as we covered in another thread, some other dive shops are holding a dive out there that weekend, and they thought it would be a conflict if we held our event the same weekend as them... So instead of rescheduling for a third time, which would be near impossible due to the band dates, rep flights, etc... we decided to turn it into a big shindig at our shop on Sunday. We'll have a huge tent in the parking lot - tons of food, give aways all day long. Much like the InTenCity Tour party we had a few years ago with over 900 people showing up to try to win $3,000 in prizes... This time we'll have 5 times as many give aways!!

So if you are going to dive that weekend - feel free to hit the water Saturday, take a look at our new pavilion out there, then stop by our shop on Sunday and see if you can win some cool prizes! We'll also have a video and photo area showing what we've built out at the lake. But this way, no one has to pay an entry fee to try to win a BC or a Computer!

Should be a great weekend for divers in the area no matter where you want to go that weekend!

khacken:
What time do you plan on getting in the water?

8:15 am

I'd like to get two dives in and be on my way home by noon...at the latest.

Sorry! But you can get two dives in at the pool! and even try out the new Oceanic DataMask or the Ocean Reef full face with communications.

But winning free gear is much better...

Stop by and have some fun and maybe leave some free gear!

Thanks

:doctor: Bad news for me, I'm out for this weekend due to illness. Looks like I will only get to cough up some flem on my new camera gear instead of using it. Hope to see everyone another time.

So who is making this event on Sat/Sun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom