Anyone up for a Swampers Get Together at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wish I could be. Eat a fajita for me.

I'm still planning on going -- haven't finalized the exact timing, but I'm leaning toward arriving around 10am on Saturday and staying overnight. My son is (who has to take the SAT on Saturday) is planning on meeting me Sunday morning between 9-10.

texdiveguy:
So who is making this event on Sat/Sun?

I'll be there early...I hope at least one Swamp Diver will be there to dive with me. If not, I may have to buddy up with Han Solo (unless they have some kind of rule against it).

I should be there. Look for the red 350Z. Hopefully I will be there around 9am.

Well,...not bad, but not the ocean, for sure.

I met up with TxHockeyGuy and did a couple of dives. Visibility ranged from 5'-15' and it was cold enough that I was happy to be in my drysuit with gloves and hood. With the cloud cover it was dark.

I wasn't expecting a lot of life but I did see a few good sized bass and perch...plant life was worse than expected. I thought there would be some green down there but, nope.

Seems like a great place to train students and the airplane swim through was cool.

All in all, it was a lot better than no diving and the people I met where all good folks. Will I get used to it? Oy! I'd like to try this again when the water warms up and the plants turn green.

A lot more could be done to make it interesting. Mostly, it needs color.

From the Texas Mud Puddle Queen...

There will be a little more plant life in the summer, but hey it is a Texas quarry. The other swim through you probably missed was the shark at the opposite end of the quarry. There is also an alligator hidden in the rocks general vicinity of the shark. Don't know if you visited the boat or not. Also there is a bouyancy course, swim throughs kinda like hoola hoops only square, on the side of the quarry with the raised docks. Oh, yeah and the silos; I don't imagine you were able to visit them. Won't see much there; it's a little dark and cold.

I think the main draw is that it's close, convenient and a great place to meet or hang out with friends.

Hey Foo -

I dropped my phone and it broke. I can make calls and receive calls, but I can't tell when I have a voice message waiting, nor can I see my phone book. Apparently your call came in when I wasn't getting signal so it went straight to voicemail. That means I couldn't even hit send twice to redial the last caller and I darned sure wasn't smart enough to have your cell number written down anywhere. I heard there was an incident on Sunday involving a woman, so naturally I'm concerned. Please reply back or call and let me know that everyone is ok. Be sure to leave a number if you call.

Twinklez:
From the Texas Mud Puddle Queen...

There will be a little more plant life in the summer, but hey it is a Texas quarry. The other swim through you probably missed was the shark at the opposite end of the quarry. There is also an alligator hidden in the rocks general vicinity of the shark. Don't know if you visited the boat or not. Also there is a bouyancy course, swim throughs kinda like hoola hoops only square, on the side of the quarry with the raised docks. Oh, yeah and the silos; I don't imagine you were able to visit them. Won't see much there; it's a little dark and cold.

I think the main draw is that it's close, convenient and a great place to meet or hang out with friends.

Hey Foo -

I dropped my phone and it broke. I can make calls and receive calls, but I can't tell when I have a voice message waiting, nor can I see my phone book. Apparently your call came in when I wasn't getting signal so it went straight to voicemail. That means I couldn't even hit send twice to redial the last caller and I darned sure wasn't smart enough to have your cell number written down anywhere. I heard there was an incident on Sunday involving a woman, so naturally I'm concerned. Please reply back or call and let me know that everyone is ok. Be sure to leave a number if you call.

In case you're watching this thread I'll post this here. The incident did not involve foo. See http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190220. I'll be posting a full report of this weekend and some pictures probably tomorrow.

TxHockeyGuy - thank you so much for the report! Sorry I missed seeing all of you; I was really looking forward to it. It was the local shop's season opener and I was really torn between the two events so I did what any fool would do - I stayed home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom