Anyone up for a Flower Gardens trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justin-branam

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I figured i would see if anyone wanted to go to the flower gardens. it would be great if we could get 5 or 6 people, or maybe more. I am open to all dates. i really want to do an august coral spawning trip, and an october trip for some whale shark diving (knock on wood). i would be interested in anytime between now and then though, so if your game, post some dates.

A TSDT Flower Gardens trip is being planned, more details will be posted pretty soon.

Hi guys I have a brother in Houston I want to visit and I would love to get on one of the live aboards to dive the Flower Gardens. I'll be coming in from Philly so I'm worried about what I read about all of the trip cancelations. I would hate to fly all the way down there and be land locked. I wreck dive in the Atlantic and would love to buddy up with someone on your trip. Keep me posted as to when you're trip is. Thanks!

I will probably be intrested in the trip, I can probably have 3-4 othere people come with me.

If we get a big enough group to go, we shouldn't have to worry about the trip being canceled.

Cousin:
If we get a big enough group to go, we shouldn't have to worry about the trip being canceled.

Conditions in the Gulf are usually more of a factor in cancellations than number of spots on a boat.

I am thinking about coming down from Philadelphia to go out on one of the liveaboards towards the end of February. What do you think my chances are of getting out? I would hate to come all the way down and be land locked. Would it be wiser to wait till March or April?

Marcos:
Would it be wiser to wait till March or April?

Most Definetly

Historically speaking FG trips in the spring go about 1 in 10 give or take.

Last year almost every Spring trip went. As CaveDiver said, its weather that causes the cancellations.

If you are intested in one of the primary sources of weather data for the Flower Gardens...Look here

If you see seas forcast over 6ft the boat isn't going.

Keep an eye on major frontal systems too. If a system is forcast to make it to the Gulf Thursday or later... forget it.

All that being said I am probably going to reserve a spot on a March trip and an April trip. Maybe I'll get lucky.

TwoBit

I got an email today about spots available on the Sea Searcher for March 20. If anyone is interested, PM me for the shop details. I have nothing to do with this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom