Anyone up for a dive on 10/18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear that. You are going this weekend aren't you? I'd welcome some news on the conditions.

I am going this weekend on the dam dive.... I was out there about 3 weeks ago and dove by the 10 lane boat ramp off the little peninsula to the east of the ramp and the temp was good the vis was about 8 ft...and actually got some depth...but Scorpion Bay would be un-dive-able at the current water level...and I also believe it is closed to the public right now....

If you drive down the right side of the ramp and go out on the peninsala....on the north side you will get to 70-90 ft.... gradual slope....some rock etc....found lots of sunglasses, anchors, and a new fire extinguisher!!! Not a bad dive...lots of underwater trees, and fish!!!

It was good.... Did two dives...one on the south side down to about 80ft...and the second on the north side down the rope...to 115ft.... Surface temp 75, 40-70ft temp was 72, another thermocline at 85ft at 115 the temp was 63.....

Vis was about 8-10 ft on the top of the dam at 35ft and after 80 ft it was black and vis with dive lights was about 2ft!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom