Anyone Tried the New Cressi Leonardo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one. I have 30 dives on it. It is simple to use and easy to read and adjust. I had been using an air integrated Suunto Eon, and still have it but wanted a computer I could use with Nitrox capabilities while not breaking the bank.

If you have an iPhone or a Droid smartphone, download our iDive Computer App and take your new dive computer for a virtual dive

Woot! Will give that a go.

In the meantime, is there a way to clear the history? I bought one used and there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

Thanks!

I've had one since Jan and done 30 plus dives on it.

Plus points Easy to use and set up _ does what it says on the box Nice big screen

Minus points - A pain if your are switching from say Nitrox 32 to Nitrox 30 - you need to go all the way up to 40, and then from 21 till you get to your setting pressing the button once for each percent

Back light a bit dim, found it hard to read during a night dive.

Niggles... The cressie software for downloading dives can be a bit temperamental (on a mac) - however just switched to Macdive and it works well.

Overall pretty robust, all the dive info is easily read off one screen underwater, my G/F brought one soon after me and is happy with it, although now we've done accelerated Decomp we need to upgrade as you can't gas switch. But unbeatable for the price

very short dive times! most conservative of any on the market! dont buy!

I have only been diving for a little over a year, I have a good dive shop near by and a group of us go out almost every weekend in the summer. I have almost 60 OW dives in, I purchased the Leonardo this winter and tried it on some pool sessions, and have been using it and loving it. I have about 30 dives logged in it.
They are awesome for the price, the screen seems easy to read.
The backlight is dim but since I don't night dive yet I can't really give it a bad review for the backlight yet.
The one button is easy to use, yes you have to go back around and start over if you miss something (oh well takes another 10 seconds or so to go back).
I know the interface for pc/mac is expensive for just an IR port, I read somewhere that any IR receiver will work for it, I am going to try a cheap IR receiver and see.
I borrowed a fellow divers IR connection to download some dives, installed the software and tried editing info in the software - dive buddy, location etc... I am not sure what button on my computer i pushed but I tried typing in a name and now everytime I hit the letter "r" it kicks me out of editing whatever box I am in and sends me to another. Not sure why this is doing this or how to fix it.
So apart from the software glitch I haven't fixed yet, it is a great computer

Back
Top Bottom