Anyone see "Beyond Fear" on nat'l geo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
was sooo intense. was about this crazy south african nut that would free dive with White sharks. was so surreal. i was more scared than him. geez talk about mastering your fear!

clgsamson:
ice cold water, not blood runs through his veins. If he's not a little crazy then perhaps he's the bravest person on planet Earth. (yes I got scared too)

they say that sharks can smell fear? if the guy was hed be in serious trouble. im pretty frightened of doing a cage dive better yet a freedive. id like to do this at least once in my life!

I don't know if they noted it in this show, but in other interviews he says he chums with shark livers. He thinks this way the Great Whites show up expecting a very specific meal and are less likly to test/bite other creatures in the water, mainly him!

mjh:
I don't know if they noted it in this show, but in other interviews he says he chums with shark livers. He thinks this way the Great Whites show up expecting a very specific meal and are less likly to test/bite other creatures in the water, mainly him!

thats sort of cheating::::::::)

mjh:
gotta admire someone who jumps in the water after he gets them in a feeding frenzy..

i saw him interviewed once, he said he has a good look at the shark when it arrives, and he knows if it's safe to get in the water with them

Spoon:
they say that sharks can smell fear? if the guy was hed be in serious trouble. im pretty frightened of doing a cage dive better yet a freedive. id like to do this at least once in my life!

I can guarantee it will be only once in your life J/K :wink:

Back
Top Bottom