Anyone own an ATV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I'm looking at purchasing a new Suzuki, Yamaha, or Honda Sport ATV in the next couple of months. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on any certain one or anything else. I was also reading the specs sheets online and I see engine size but no top speed rating. Does anyone know how fast these things go? Thanks a ton (as always)

KidK9:
Hey all, I'm looking at purchasing a new Suzuki, Yamaha, or Honda Sport ATV in the next couple of months. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on any certain one or anything else. I was also reading the specs sheets online and I see engine size but no top speed rating. Does anyone know how fast these things go? Thanks a ton (as always)

Make sure the tires have a current HYDRO and ate O2 clean.

Pete

I have a 1997 Yamaha Blaster. It has a 200cc engine and has worked great for me. I'm not sure on the top speed, but I would say it is plenty fast enough...:wink:

Not sure how to post pics here, but here is a link...

attachment.php

Scott, how much do you think yours is worth on resale right now? I like that model and have been looking at that one.

I have a 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700cc. Top speed is about 70mph. I have had it up to 65mph on the gravel roads. It also has independent rear wheel supension and true diferental(sp) lock for those real muddy spots. I'm real happy with mine.

jafo123

KidK9:
Scott, how much do you think yours is worth on resale right now? I like that model and have been looking at that one.

I really have no clue on the resale value. I would GUESS that it is worth $1500, but who knows...

Unlike my dive gear :11: I keep my quad clean and tuned up, so it still looks and runs great even though it is about 8 years old!

If I were to buy another one, I would definitely get another Yamaha.

Scott

Do you have to get insurance on these things if you are just running it on your own farm or taking it to local state trails? As well, can you get 2 people to ride on them usually, or just one??

I rode a Suzuki last Friday and really liked it once I figured out how to steer and use the throttle at the same time! :D

Can't remember the model, it started with an X

KidK9:
Do you have to get insurance on these things if you are just running it on your own farm or taking it to local state trails? As well, can you get 2 people to ride on them usually, or just one??

I don't have insurance on mine, but I'm thinking that maybe homeowner's insurance would cover it, if needed...

We ride it on the 10 acres around Zeagle, as well as on private trails. If I want to take it to state parks and such, I would have to actually get it registered...

I can put my 6 year old on the front of it, but my 11 year old rides it himself. It is made for only one person to ride at a time.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom