Anyone out there have a cressi sub big eye mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what its worth... I've had mine since Nov. Though I've only had the chance to use it for 5 dives so far, i don't have any complaints about flooding/strap. I guess I have to use it a bit more to give better support to my opinion. The mask definitely makes it easier to see downwards, compared to my old mask though.

to add to PIPEDOPES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to try on every mask in the shop to find the one that *fits*. If none in that shop fit perfectly go to another shop!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to ADD to all that swill you read in magazines and such about trying out fit of a mask..... one of my instructors showed me the right way and i've never had a mask leading problem since...... make sure you bring your snorkel to your LDS (they don't like you licking their stock!!) and try the mask on WITH your snorkel in your mouth. your face is completely different with that big ol' plug in your mouth.... makes a world of difference

Just ordered one today, leisurepro.com has em on sale for 20 bucks or so.

Just got mine today from LeisurePro (bought it without trying it on for fit - but seems fine!).

INCREDIBLE how much of my chest I can see when I look down now - the view is comparable with not wearing a mask at all when looking down. WIth my old mask finding a D-ring was always a matter of feeling around until your grabbed it, now I can see them!

Just need the 10 feet swells to subside so I can get it wet :D

I use the big eyes... haven't had problems with strap... I was just curious if anyone has any tips on how to make it more comfortable to use... what can i do with the strap? slap strap?

Forgot to follow this thread up.

Did my first dive with the Big Eyes over Easter - performed flawlessly, and I didn't have any sealing problems (but that's particular to everyone's face shape). I also didn't notice any problems with the strap, and I was using 5mm gloves, but I'm going to be replacing it with a slap strap shortly anyway and relegating it to the save-a-dive kit. Also no fogging, all I did prior to using it was wipe out the inside of the lenses with a wet flannel washcloth for a minute or two.

Means I can now see my SPG on the 24" hose :)

Back
Top Bottom