Anyone out there have a cressi sub big eye mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one of these and love it. It did leak on me a couple of times but I finally realised it was due to not shaving for a couple of days. They are rather sensative but the view is great.

CW..
I bought one, thought it fit very nicely, and loved the field of vision.
the problem: I couldn't get my fingers-without gloves- in the right position to equalize the ears- a problem with the relative size/shape/fit of nose, lensframes,etc.

Mike

i have a full year on my big eyes mask and love it, i wear contacts and have not had a problem with it. i just heard they are coming out with a 4 or 6 window mask, may have to try that one too,though hard to believe it would make much difference!
sam

I have had a Big Eyes for about 12 months now, and I agree with everyone about those leaky problems. Seems to be a matter of fine tuning (I'm talking ultra- small adjustments) the strap until it sits right. I have recently replaced my slap strap with the mask's original strap, as it was a nuisance continuously adjusting the slap strap. It has worked perfectly well ever since.
The vision from the mask is awesome, no more using braille to find things around my chest area! As much as the leaking has annoyed me, I'm pretty darn happy with mine.
:wink:

abolutlely love mine.... i guess i have 1 of those faces that it fits, 'cos even with a 'stache, no leaking AT ALL!

great views, plus you're the coolest guy on the boat!

I love my Cressi Big Eyes. Take a look at my profile pic of me in Cozumel. I have lent it to 3 people to try and all have immediately purchased one. --Starfish

I just bought a Big Eyes mask last week and it is the first mask I have owned that doesnot leak past my smile lines.

BTW Not all Big Eyes are the same shape. At my LDS the new big eyes did not fit me well under my nose but there was one that had a slightly different cut that fit perfectly.

Don't be afraid to try on every mask in the shop to find the one that *fits*. If none in that shop fit perfectly go to another shop!

For fun diving your mask is the one most important item of gear. It is worth taking lots of time to find the best fitting one you can.

At work I can go to the Superlight 17 for general work or the Desco air hat if it really, absolutely must not leak, and needs to be easily cleaned after the dive. My boss just turned down a job in a sewage treatment plant, so I didn't need the heavy stuff this week.

michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom