Anyone out there have a cressi sub big eye mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chillywill

Reaction score
If so what do you think of it? I have been thinking of buying one but wanted to get a few opions first.:glasses:

Thanks,
Chillywill:cold:

'I'm Chilly Will the Diver. I shake until I'm blue.
My head is hot and my feet are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!
Now what about the divers along the Cozumel Isle?
I'll bet they're always warm as toast. They always seem to smile.
I'm always Chilly Will. I'm frozen through and through.
My nose is red and my toes are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!'

If it fits your face it is great. If not it leaks like a sieve. Mine fits and I love it. Hate the strap though. Put a slap strap on in the originals place.

JoelW

Thanks Joel, Your not the first that I heard complain about the mask strap, but I never heard what exactly the problem is. What do you find wrong with it? :)

Chillywill:penguin:

'I'm Chilly Will the Diver. I shake until I'm blue.
My head is hot and my feet are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!
Now what about the divers along the Cozumel Isle?
I'll bet they're always warm as toast. They always seem to smile.
I'm always Chilly Will. I'm frozen through and through.
My nose is red and my toes are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!'

The damn thing slips. I get it set and before long it is loose again. I had it loosen while doing an ice dive a few weeks ago. I sorted out the problem, but I was looking for a new strap as soon as I exited the water.

JoelW

I use one, and I like it. I don't think its a mask that fits a lot of faces, but if it fits, it's a great mask. I haven't had a problem with my strap yet. One of these days, I'm going to order one of those slap straps.

Mike

PS. Mine is black.

I have a Cressi Big Eyes mask and love it. I do experience small leakage due to my mustache, but this is easily cleared. So far, 25 dives with it, I have not had any strap problems.

Dan

~65 dives with mine and i love the thing. The leak comments are true though - i find, i've had a few dives where i had a bit of a leak and couldnt correct it the whole dive. But, a few out of 65 isnt bad. All other times, it sealed perfectly and is an absolute joy to look out from. BIG difference in visibility from most other masks i've tried (around 4 otheres of various makes).

steve

I have one with corrective lenses and love it. I also have a mustach and havent had any problem with leakage. also no problem with the strap yet but it is still new (6 dives with it)

Just purchased two a few weeks ago for me and future mrs. waterdog and we love them. Only had them in the pool once but they sealed great and viz is tremendous compared to some of the others we've tried.

No troubles with the strap, we replaced it with a slap.

Great mask, so far but no dives on it just pool sessions for our classes.

waterdogs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom