Anyone on here ever buy from divetank.com? Postive or negative feedback appreciated.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTank rules! I purchased by Bare Tech Dry suit from them. Custom fit, with custom options. It took about 6 weeks to get, but I am very happy with it. Saved $800 over my LDS.

I just finished ordering from divetank. I paid $1549 for a package of Bare stuff including: custom Bare Trilam HD Tech Dry with socks (I delete optioned the rock boots), one bellows pocket, suspenders, Tek-Dry hood, 5mm Kevlar glove, T-100 undergarment, set of (no-name) fleece undergarments. Shipping is included.

Richard was very knowledgeable and helpful. And this is a real diive shop and he's a real instructor. The prices are low because they are the largest Bare dealer in the world. I think he said they sell 1500 Bare suits a year.

I'll let you know how long it takes to get a full custom suit.

I purchased a Suunto Cobra, Bare XCD2 drysuit and all went well. I bought 2 Worthington LP95's and received them, they were floor models unbeknownst to myself. The price was the same as brand new. The tanks also had flash rust around the neck and threads. I called Richard and he said oh theres no problem. So I had to trust him on that one.

anakin:
ahh the dive tank....

From a consumer point the Dive tank is amazing. Low prices, click and order. You never have to leave your house and dive gear arrives a couple weeks later!

One thing though, is you never get the experinced awnser and insiders tips that you do if you went to a shop. Plus you never get the service you would from a local shop. The divetank is just a couple of nice secretaries in a wharehouse telling a couple of idiots in the back what boxes to grab and through in a bigger box and send away. Most of the employees dont dive or even have any idea of what scuba diving is.

Everyone should take into consideration that, when you buy online, theres no intteraction. You dont get the same experience you would from a shop. Another thing is, you should always check with your locale dive shop to see if they will match the same price as divetank. Most will be gladly to do so.

The reason Divetank offers such good prices is because the buy thousands of stock of a certain item at a HUGE discounted price, and so they can afford to sell things for so cheap. Places like the Divetank destroys local shops, cause they just cant compete with the dive tank.

One thing...the Dive tank cant fill your tanks. Support your local shops!

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with regards to divetank. Did you have a bad experience with them? If so, please elaborate since the original poster wanted specific advice on whether to purchase from divetank or not.

My personal experience with divetank was exemplary. I've ordered a Suunto Cobra and a Bare vest from them. Got the Cobra in less than a week with free shipping and since the vest was back ordered from Bare, they also shipped that free when they got it in stock.

By the way, I shopped several LDS for prices on the Cobra and the closest to Rick's price was still $160 more.

Simply the best! Yes shipping could be faster but prices make up for it - about 10 bus. days to Philly...

Not satisfied.

anakin:
ahh the dive tank....

From a consumer point the Dive tank is amazing. Low prices, click and order. You never have to leave your house and dive gear arrives a couple weeks later!

One thing though, is you never get the experinced awnser and insiders tips that you do if you went to a shop.

That's horsepoop. Not always true. Many times I get a snow job when I walk in a shop. Why should I have to pay double for that crap? I can get all the information I need right on the internet. Then armed with that I can go in and beat up the shops or buy online. I spent quite a bit of time on the Phone with Dive Tank. As much or more than I would have in a shop. Yeah it's nice person to person, but hey, no high pressure sales, no BS to sell whatever gear they have collecting dust on the shelf in an LDS. The big online guys are out there giving customers what they want and making loads of $ over the moron LDS' out there. And FYI, Dive Tank IS an LDS AND an online shop.

anakin:
Plus you never get the service you would from a local shop. The divetank is just a couple of nice secretaries in a wharehouse telling a couple of idiots in the back what boxes to grab and through in a bigger box and send away. Most of the employees dont dive or even have any idea of what scuba diving is.

Again, WRONG. Dive Tank is full of divers, Instructors, Ice Divers, Wreck Divers just like any other LDS out there.

anakin:
Everyone should take into consideration that, when you buy online, theres no intteraction. You dont get the same experience you would from a shop. Another thing is, you should always check with your locale dive shop to see if they will match the same price as divetank. Most will be gladly to do so.

Depends on what you mean by "interaction". The only interaction I need is to give me what I want and if I like your service and prices I'll give you my hard earned money.
I do buy local too. So far I've averaged $2000.00 a year at my LDS not counting what I've bought over the net. Sometimes they beat internet prices, sometimes not. I give them money too, I just dont let them rip me off.

anakin:
The reason Divetank offers such good prices is because the buy thousands of stock of a certain item at a HUGE discounted price, and so they can afford to sell things for so cheap.

So basically your saying they are smart businessmen. What's wrong with that?
Why pay someone for their stupid mistakes, like the dumbasses in the dying LDS' with the Dinosaur business models?

anakin:
Places like the Divetank destroys local shops, cause they just cant compete with the dive tank.

NO! Local shops that are too stupid to figure out what the other guy is doing to make$ are destroying themselves. They have only themselves to blame. I'm sick of hearing about it. Waaa.......waaaa....waaaaa. If they can't handle it they should go pump gas or something.

anakin:
One thing...the Dive tank cant fill your tanks. Support your local shops!

Nope they can't fill MINE, but they can fill their local customers.

I agree, support your local shops when they have fair pricing.

I purchased a drysuit from divetank.com recently. The staff were very helpful; sometimes I recieved two answers from seperate staff members regarding a single question less then a few hours after I emailed and asked it. My experience with shipping may not be typical as I had to wait a few days for Bare to make a modification. When I called a few days later they informed me the suit had returned from Bare and was ready to be shipped. I recieved the package the next day. However, I live relatively close to their Vancouver location.

anakin:

If divetank.com isn't run by divers, then who where the people diving on the free DVD they included that was labeled "Divetank Mexico Trip"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom