Anyone on here ever buy from divetank.com? Postive or negative feedback appreciated.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I said I would post when my computer came in, and well I received it in record time using ground mail. And to think I can barely send a letter across the border and expect it to get there in less then two weeks. Have to say I am impressed with my service from divetank, and will continue to shop there in the future.

My hat is off to Richard and his crew theyare quite exceptional.not to mention they none of the lds's in my area could evn come clost to his pricing on my computer, and give me a valid factory warranty.

I hoped this helps you out

Steve

Looks like Kug's made his/her decision, but I'll weigh in anyway. Bought my DUI drysuit and got great service and pricing from Richard.

Also - no dealing with shipping from Canada on DUI suits, they never cross the border and are shipped directly from DiveTank's Washington store.

Looks like this is going to be late but I wanted to add my $0.02. I have bought 2 Bare wetsuits and 2 Suunto computers from them. No problem with the Suunto items.

I did have a problem with the last wetsuit I had ordered from them. (I have ordered 2 from them and the 1st transaction was excellent.) It took almost 2 months for the last suit to get to me and I live 120 miles from Vancouver B.C. in Washington State. I was going on a trip to Mexico and wanted a warm water suit and I thought I had ordered it with plenty of time to spare but it was barely enough. The suit arrived a few days before I left to go on my trip. I was anxious about receiving the suit and making sure it fit correctly before I left. Their communication regarding this transaction was horrible. It took numerous e-mails and phone calls from me for them to figure it all out and give me a straight answer.

So I guess 3 out of 4 is not bad. I don't recommend them as much as I used to. Funny how it only takes one bad thing to ruin something.

Good Luck with your purchase.

Call the manufacturuer before you buy online. From anyone....Manufacturers will tell you what can and won't be done if you get a lemon...and it does happen...Call the Manufacturers please. Save us all the trouble later. good luck Hal

ahh the dive tank....

From a consumer point the Dive tank is amazing. Low prices, click and order. You never have to leave your house and dive gear arrives a couple weeks later!

One thing though, is you never get the experinced awnser and insiders tips that you do if you went to a shop. Plus you never get the service you would from a local shop. The divetank is just a couple of nice secretaries in a wharehouse telling a couple of idiots in the back what boxes to grab and through in a bigger box and send away. Most of the employees dont dive or even have any idea of what scuba diving is.

Everyone should take into consideration that, when you buy online, theres no intteraction. You dont get the same experience you would from a shop. Another thing is, you should always check with your locale dive shop to see if they will match the same price as divetank. Most will be gladly to do so.

The reason Divetank offers such good prices is because the buy thousands of stock of a certain item at a HUGE discounted price, and so they can afford to sell things for so cheap. Places like the Divetank destroys local shops, cause they just cant compete with the dive tank.

One thing...the Dive tank cant fill your tanks. Support your local shops!

...and they dont give warrenties!

Almost every single thing you've said in both of your posts is 100% wrong. It sounds like you may be mistakenly thinking Divetank is a grey market dealer like Leisurepro. They aren't

Divetank is very much a functioning legitimate dive shop. It has been family owned and operated since sometime in the 70s. It is staffed by very knowledgable divers who, in my case at least, spent a great deal of time with me both discussing the pros and cons of various types of drysuits as well as working with me to make sure my suit was going to fit properly.

I can't speak for all of their products, but I did the research and Divetank is an authorized dealer for both Bare and DUI. My DUI drysuit is covered by the factory warranty the same as if I had bought it from my local shop.

Ironically enough, I wanted to buy my suit from one of my local shops, thinking it would be something I'd want to put my hands on as I was trying to decide what type to get and get professionally measured and fitted for. I went to three local shops with the intent of buying a drysuit and was very frustrated with the lack of knowledge shown by the staff (I knew a lot more than they did about what products they carried and the pros/cons of each) and the lack of inventory on hand.

I ended up calling Richard at Dive Tank, who completely won me over with his superior knowledge and great advice. He helped me take appropriate measurements, recommended a suit that would fit, sent it and walked me through evaluating whether the suit fit after it arrived. If the suit didn't fit, I was going to send it back and we were going to try again, but it fits perfectly. That I saved $1,000+ on the deal is just a happy side-effect.

Anyway, some have gripes with their sometimes slow service and lax communication (and I don't doubt that these complaints are true). However, the problems you list with Divetank are completely off base.

anakin:
ahh the dive tank....

From a consumer point the Dive tank is amazing. Low prices, click and order. You never have to leave your house and dive gear arrives a couple weeks later!

One thing though, is you never get the experinced awnser and insiders tips that you do if you went to a shop. Plus you never get the service you would from a local shop. The divetank is just a couple of nice secretaries in a wharehouse telling a couple of idiots in the back what boxes to grab and through in a bigger box and send away. Most of the employees dont dive or even have any idea of what scuba diving is.

Everyone should take into consideration that, when you buy online, theres no intteraction. You dont get the same experience you would from a shop. Another thing is, you should always check with your locale dive shop to see if they will match the same price as divetank. Most will be gladly to do so.

The reason Divetank offers such good prices is because the buy thousands of stock of a certain item at a HUGE discounted price, and so they can afford to sell things for so cheap. Places like the Divetank destroys local shops, cause they just cant compete with the dive tank.

One thing...the Dive tank cant fill your tanks. Support your local shops!

Back
Top Bottom