Anyone on here ever buy from divetank.com? Postive or negative feedback appreciated.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Positive reviews!

I have made several purchases from Richard at Divetank. My Bare Trilam HD drysuit was customised for me, and shipping took less than a week. Price was very fair. Richard spent a lot of time on the phone with me and emailing.
The suit performs exceptionally.

If Divetank has what you want, and your LDS or Scubatoys doesn't, go to Divetank.
I always look at Scubatoys first, because all of my dealings with them have been exceptional!
I support my LDS as much as possible, but they don't always carry what I want, and sometimes the prices are just too unreasonable.

I bought a Suunto D6 computer from Divetank a few weeks ago, and service was excellent. They are indeed a full-service dive shop and an authorized Suunto dealer; as such, they could offer the normal manufacturer's (Suunto's) North American warranty, unlike a dealer in grey-market goods. That was an important consideration to me in deciding from whom to buy. I called for a price. They called me right back. A few minutes later, my order had been placed, and it shipped that same day, via UPS 3-5 Day Service. They e-mailed me confirmation and a UPS tracking number. The shipment arrived exactly on time. The fact that Divetank is in Vancouver, Canada and I am more than 2,000 miles from them in the U.S. made little difference.

I have had nothing but great service. I bought a Bare dry suit and it had to be sent to the factory for a few items to be added. I don't remember how long it took but I am thinking 2-3 weeks. I got it a few days earlier than what ever they told me it would take.
I had a couple small "problems" after the sale and emailed in to see about fixing it. No problems at all. The email was answered the same day and all was taken care of
If I had to complain about one thing it would have to be the way they write up a receipt. It doesn't clearly show you where your discount is at if you buy something on sale or get a "free" item. Also some of the things that I got, I was charged a different price then what was online, some a buck or so more some less. All in all I came out on the savings end of their screw up.

I have had good experiences with them. I bought a Bare XCD drysuit from them two years ago. It was a very smooth transaction, the store owner was very helpful, and the price was the best I could find. I have since sent the suit back to them (too replace the built in hard boots with soft boots) and that too was handled quickly and efficiently. By the way, I love the drysuit -- it is tough as nails and always dry! Only downside is it weighs a lot (so its a bit inconvenient for travel).

HAHA, that was my shop working answer, to help divert all of you into my shop and buy stuff and give me money.

i agree, the divetank is the future, and im currently trying to find ways to persude my shop to turn that way, as well as offer stuff through there shop. but im not in charge and i dont get to make descisions like that. :(

Good service support with warrenty and replacements etc. The people at Divetank really are able to give you advice on gear and sizing etc.

But terrible purchasing experience with them. Purchased from them twice, both times my account was over credited (the last time it was thrice!!!), and the interest rates were basically screwed up. Basically, my account suffered greatly because of their errors.

Advice would be.... as long as you do not have a Canadian bank account, avoid Divetank. That is unless you have more than sufficient funds in your account to absorb the terrible exchange rates conversion and cushion the mistakes they make in over deducting.

Just purchased a pair of Bare D6 Pro Dry from Divetank a couple of weeks ago...
They were very helpful,they had excellent communication,,,would definitely buy again from them.........

Mike

Got my Bare Trilam HD from them, right price, fit is perfect. Richard and Shannon are the best. They have really good prices on Suuntos too....

Back
Top Bottom