Anyone need a dive buddy or have room for another on Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Echoo, I wasn't insinuating that you should take your boat out in bad weather, and I respect you for not wanting to risk any life or property. My seasick comment was definitly tongue in cheek. I definitly do not have as much experience in the gulf as you probably do, but I do have boating experience in many different states, altitudes, and conditions, so I certainly appreciate your concerns. Being stuck in a bad weather situation is never ever fun. I have been in the Gulf with water spouts being spotted far off our port side, and it did make me uneasy. We were headed in a direction taking us away from the cel, so there was comfort in that. As you indicated, visibilty may be a serious concern for the weekend. I do not have enough experience in the Gulf to know just how much the viz will be affected by the weather we have had lately. I found out today that my regular dive buddies have forgone their hunting trip this wekend and are probably going to take me out to scout for the upcominng King of the beach kingfishing tourny in a few weeks. We are hoping to sneek out early in the am before the weather starts getting stronger. I still want to get some diving in though soon. I wouldnt mind even going and diving springs if the weather is bad in the Gulf.
Cheers, Walt

Ya NP man. I did not take you comment badly just was kinda throwing a word of cation out there for anyone thinking of going out. I was not saying it should be a no-go, and as you say the morning does not look so bad. In fact the vis will prob be kinda ok if you get out far enough, as the weather has not been to bad the last few couple days. Earlier in the week it was hard to tell exactly when the front was going to roll in.

A buddy and I will be diving Hudson Grotto, fun dive if you don't mind the dark. Deep, dark fun stuff to see. I assume we will be diving around 10 AM.

A buddy and I will be diving Hudson Grotto, fun dive if you don't mind the dark. Deep, dark fun stuff to see. I assume we will be diving around 10 AM.

But Joe you have to sanitize after that dive. Or we can just pour a load of carpet fresh on ya> :wink::wink:

Just looked at the forecast and where the winds have been coming from the last few days... :sadangel: I needed/need to go crabbing again :crying:

But Joe you have to sanitize after that dive. Or we can just pour a load of carpet fresh on ya> :wink::wink:

I don't even take my gear off, I just have a buddie stick me into the back of his truck and head to the car wash...... Although the vacuuming tickles quite a bit. I always request the leather air freshener. :rofl3:

Last time I checked the NOAA site for offshore 20-50nm they were calling for 3'-5' seas in the afternoon. I will only be taking the boat out in the AM for a short run on Sat. No diving this time.

I don't even take my gear off, I just have a buddie stick me into the back of his truck and head to the car wash...... Although the vacuuming tickles quite a bit. I always request the leather air freshener. :rofl3:

Leather is good. Puppy smell is nice. Citrus is nice as well. Anything but Hudson Grotto :vomit:

btw, I know of only one other person that actually goes to dive there for fun - DiveBandit. He honestly likes the place... Strange cookie but I still luv him :)

Leather is good. Puppy smell is nice. Citrus is nice as well. Anything but Hudson Grotto :vomit:

btw, I know of only one other person that actually goes to dive there for fun - DiveBandit. He honestly likes the place... Strange cookie but I still luv him :)

If you don't punch through the sulpher layer than you can usually not stick too bad. I like diving there, not alot of people do. My son hates it, but then he is 15. I like hitting the bottom and prowling around and I can't even tell you why. I used to like to play with matches when I was a kid, maybe thats why I like the sulpher smell? :idk:

If you don't punch through the sulpher layer than you can usually not stick too bad. I like diving there, not alot of people do. My son hates it, but then he is 15. I like hitting the bottom and prowling around and I can't even tell you why. I used to like to play with matches when I was a kid, maybe thats why I like the sulpher smell? :idk:

See there, not only does Hudson Grotto make you smell it makes you stick to things. I guess you should skip the carwash and buy some goo b gone or goof off to bathe in?

15 year olds - I am so sorry for you and your missus Joe :hugs:

OK so my fishing diving buddy has gone flakey on me again. I got the Tampa bay weather report and it really didnt sound as bad as it had. Sun actually sounds better than Saturday. To put it in simple terms I would like to dive Saturday. I really dont mind diving a spring, but I am not cave certified and I do not have lights for dimly lit places such as hudson's. Let me know if you have room.
Sorry to be so off and on this thread.
Missdirected if you need as buddy for crab diving let me know. Iv'e got no experience in it however.
Cheers, Walt

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom