Anyone missing some gear at Gilboa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northen diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I found some gear yesterday in Gilboa over by the tubes. It is two intregated wieght pouches with soft weights in them. Did anyone make a CESA yesterday?. They have someones intials on both pouches. PM me if they are yours..............

You were at Gilboa yesterday and didn't even say "Hi"?
Ber :lilbunny:

I was at site #3. Red 4x4 pick up with a white trailer and a generator making noise. I had my 18 Y/O and 13 Y/o sons with me. So sorry Amber. I didnt even think to look at your profile to see if you had a pic of yourself, so I didnt even know what ya looked like. I think I did see ya in the office after looking at your pic this AM. I came in and "punched" Jody in the arm and asked Mike if I won the scooter and me and my youngest son then grapped some chili. Were that you guys in the office?..... I just assumed that you didnt show for I think I sent ya some pics of my trailer, so I just assumed (there I go again assuming) that you would had come by.

I was at site #3. Red 4x4 pick up with a white trailer and a generator making noise. I had my 18 Y/O and 13 Y/o sons with me. So sorry Amber. I didnt even think to look at your profile to see if you had a pic of yourself, so I didnt even know what ya looked like. I think I did see ya in the office after looking at your pic this AM. I came in and "punched" Jody in the arm and asked Mike if I won the scooter and me and my youngest son then grapped some chili. Were that you guys in the office?..... I just assumed that you didnt show for I think I sent ya some pics of my trailer, so I just assumed (there I go again assuming) that you would had come by.

If there was a female brunette in the office that didn't work there it was me :D I do remember a guy coming in with a teen. I saw the trailer but for some reason was thinking you were going to be busy and not able to come dive for the new year so I didn't make the connection DUH! When I pulled in there was a guy standing near the trailer in a black drysuit and someone was helping him do something with the wrist seal.

If there was a female brunette in the office that didn't work there it was me :D I do remember a guy coming in with a teen. I saw the trailer but for some reason was thinking you were going to be busy and not able to come dive for the new year so I didn't make the connection DUH! When I pulled in there was a guy standing near the trailer in a black drysuit and someone was helping him do something with the wrist seal.

Yep. That was us. I was in the black drysuit. My son's girlfriend was dressing me:D

Greetings Northern Diver,
I was diving on the 1st a friend lost a 2 lbs soft weight on the shallow side.
If the weights were in the pouches then it would not be hers.
I know of a dive shop that lost one pouch this past summer at the tubes but I can not imagine them still being there. They had "DB" in yellow I think.
Did it look like a dump and go? There was an incident out there this summer while I was diving. All was well after a EMS trip but never heard of or about missing gear.
Did you check with Mike? He has a lost and found there but very little gets turned in I applaud your efforts and it is a testimony to your character that you are trying to find the owners! THANK YOU!
I wish you safe diving and sometime we will meet!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Those do NOT belong to me but I am missing a large caribiner with about 10# of assorted drop weights on dog snaps. I have not seen them since the M&G.

Greetings once again all. In my three years of diving Gilboa, I have lost one ten pound hip weight. I say lost but it was taken off and stowed at the motorcycle, when we returned from the dive to the bus it was MIA.
In the same amount of time I have found one 2 lb soft weight under dock #1 of which I turned in to Mike. Do others not have the same diving principals as we do?
I always encourage divers who loose gear to seek it at the lost and found. We have while training with groups found and lost gear via / shared dressing tables as well.
It can make a DMC stay on your toes and watch like a hawk but in the end it only wears you out!
I wish every lost item would find its rightful owner! Dive shops bill the renter for replacement but the rest of us suck it up and order more. In a few instances a script. mask has grown legs and walked off those are the bad ones because their day of diving is over. What can help? I hate to say it but keeping your gear at your vehicle is a great help but a big pain when diving doubles!
Good luck to all and safe diving!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Greetings once again all. In my three years of diving Gilboa, I have lost one ten pound hip weight. I say lost but it was taken off and stowed at the motorcycle, when we returned from the dive to the bus it was MIA.
It must have been mated with mine. I had a watermelon and a green 10 pound hip weight in a fish theme pillowcase with the top tied shut stashed in the trees near the tubes to cool. Someone untied the pillowcase, took the weight and put the watermelon and case back by the tree :shakehead:

One day we were standing on the dock while my students were doing their first dive as certified divers. Another instructor's students were getting out and one was bummed because she had lost her watch, she said she last checked it when they were near the plane. My students got back a few minutes later and one group held up a watch and said "We found this watch by the plane." I told them I thought I knew where it went :D Just so happened I knew that group was right across the driveway from us. She was THRILLED to get her watch back :dance3:

Back
Top Bottom