Anyone live near or around Hollywood FL??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman:
We think a lot alike, because I don't want to look back and wish I had made the move to Florida. I live in Oklahoma City with a million plus people even I couldn't live in Ardmore. :D I just want to enjoy the outdoors like you're doing I'm honestly envy you. Thanks for responding your post has inspired me. :D

Stay tuned to ScubaBoard, and if you make any exploratory trips this way, give us a "heads-up" and I'm sure there will be a few folks interested in showing you and your wife around.

Meanwhile, best of luck in OK.

ReneeC:
I insist on being no more than 3 hours from the ocean and nearby some form of inland diving so we are starting with a couple locations in South Carolina and north Georgia.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving and becoming a "half-back". It seems to be a growing trend. Three of my friends retired in the last two years, sold the house and moved to Tennesee and North Carolina. They just got tired of the south florida negatives. They moved to Florida from up north, retired and moved half way back.

South Florida Negative-Yesterday, Donald Trump led a convoy of 100 cement trucks to dedicate a new beachside condo in his name.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...umn?coll=sfla-news-palm&track=mostemailedlink

Hello,

I'll like to share some thoughts.

I move to Pembroke Pines about 1.5 years ago. I lived in NJ in the to of the state, very quiet rural area up in the hills. I had to drive about 38 miles to work and it was 50 at one time. Our section of the company (Latin America Division) decided to relocate to Miami. As you must know Miami is the Latin Capital of the US, so don't be shocked when people speak to you in Spanish no matter how white you look. I'm actually a white spanish guy and it shocked me when I came down here. Anyway.... I did not what to move at first, but then I came down in the Miami Winter to check the area out and just seeing all the palm trees and the beaches changed my mind. So when ended up moving, even though it is not as quiet as it was up north, I don't miss the cold at all. It is nice to be able to enjoy the outdoors all the time. Also if you have kids or planning on having kids they can actually go outside and play all day in the winter. The winter is really nice, low humidity and sunny days, the summer is sticky but every house is prepared for the hot weather, not like up North were most houses have windows air conditioners and it sucks.
If you are having friend issues, you can always hangout here and I sure you will find a friend with a common interest. I'm a new diver and hagging out here at scubaboard has opened many diving oportunities, and I cruise the board all the time to find out what is going on. There is allways some diving and everybody makes you feel welcome here !!

Anyway hope you decide to come down, the prices are high but you will only feel it at the begining, I just got hit with the giant Tax increase that you get when buying a home and it's not pretty, but thank GOD I will be able to go over this hump. Don't let people discourage you and come down and visit, you will probably love it and decide to come down. I tell you, my kids love it and she doesn't have to sit in the car seat with a snow suit that makes her look like a statue, she used to hate that when she was smaller.

Call me and we'll dive !!!!

Don't mind the drivers, I think they follow the example from the Police force, they drive horrible and don't set a good example. It been over a year and I still get bothered when people don't signal and hog the left lane, but i always say, their are people much worst off in the world and my little traffic issue is not really and issue, learn to relax and take your time, I'm still learning !!!!! for some reason I can never leave my house on time in the morning and always rushing to work!!!

Anyway good luck and let us know when you are down here for a dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom