Anyone know how to work on HOG Octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this close to you? It's a HOG dealer.
Divers Supply Atlanta
950 Cobb Parkway S,
Marietta, Georgia 30060
770-419-1976

I believe this location Might be the US sStocking warehouse for Hog/Edge. Pretty sure it was in GA. So they're likely good with tuning.

Divers Supply Atlanta
950 Cobb Parkway S,
Marietta, Georgia 30060
770-419-1976

I believe this location Might be the US sStocking warehouse for Hog/Edge. Pretty sure it was in GA. So they're likely good with tuning.

That's where I took the HOG reg service class. They stock all manner of HOG products, and certainly service them. I suspect the issue is that the OP simply wants to do it herself, perhaps because she's short on time before the trip mentioned.

Divers Supply Atlanta
950 Cobb Parkway S,
Marietta, Georgia 30060
770-419-1976

That's where it was bought and the shop we took it to and they told us since it didn't free flow in store they couldn't do anything.

That's where it was bought and the shop we took it to and they told us since it didn't free flow in store they couldn't do anything.

The folks at Divers Supply in Marietta have always been very helpful to me, and as I mentioned above, I took the HOG Reg Service Class there. I would suggest bringing the complete reg set back there and showing them what the problem is.

The folks at Divers Supply in Marietta have always been very helpful to me, and as I mentioned above, I took the HOG Reg Service Class there. I would suggest bringing the complete reg set back there and showing them what the problem is.
You must have missed her post right before yours. That's the shop that blew them off the first time.

You must have missed her post right before yours. That's the shop that blew them off the first time.

No, I understood. What I meant is that they should not accept being "blown off" (as you put it) and march right back there and show them that it indeed free flows (if it does). They can check the first stage IP if she points that out to them.

And I recommend they ask whether the HOG reg service class is going to be offered again anytime soon.

With the IP checker gauge are you looking for the proper IP and it being steady? For us that do not have the skills to delve into the rebuilding and adjustment, would it make sense for me to do it now while the regs work correctly to see the IP and test periodically for changes? If not, what would you recommend?

With the IP checker gauge are you looking for the proper IP and it being steady? For us that do not have the skills to delve into the rebuilding and adjustment, would it make sense for me to do it now while the regs work correctly to see the IP and test periodically for changes? If not, what would you recommend?

You've got it correct on all points. IP within limits and steady. Steady IP is one of the most important requirements. IP that rises (creep) indicates a problem that should be addressed.

Checking it now under "known good" condition is an excellent idea. This way, similar to checking your tire pressure, you can compare it to see if there is any unexplained change. It's not uncommon for IP to change a little over a long period (one year) of time. What you are looking for is an unexpected change over a short period of time which might indicate a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom